Forums
Posted By: derekdwc 21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street - 14th Feb 2009 9:13pm
21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street
Indexed happy

Attached picture Angel Inn, Camden Street  c1985.jpg
Heres one of the angel taken in 1988 just before it was knocked down

Attached picture the angel 1988.jpg
Posted By: Wench Re: 21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street - 5th May 2009 12:59pm
Ahhhh the memories raftl
I used to love to watch all the bikes coming down the road when the cerberus bike gang were coming for a bevvy
that is a top pic happy
I was a regular there every weekend around '84-'85. Great pub. Every Friday and Saturday it was The Angel followed by Stairways.

There was a band called Lunar Apple used to drink in there (& smoke waccy baccy when the landlord wasn't looking). Always fancied the blonde girl who hung around with them.
The Angel in better days in the early 60s, before it was left standing all on its lonesome...

Attached picture The Angel.jpg
Posted By: jfoxy Re: 21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street - 24th May 2010 9:27pm
wow memories used to play outside this pub me mum and all her friends would be sitting outside on the summer nights with there beer and we would play in the street or on any old scrap john langley had in his scrap yard opposite the pub,
he had an airplane wing out side one year we played on that for hours haha happy days
Where eas Camden Street plese?? it looks like the queens opposite in birkenhead opposite the nain entrance to birkenhed park???
soz for the typo's slighty slaughted lol hehe~!!
Has anyone got any more old photos of the Angel Inn or the buildings surrounding it?
Originally Posted by ChrisNewcastle
Where eas Camden Street plese?? it looks like the queens opposite in birkenhead opposite the nain entrance to birkenhed park???

Off Price Street. It runs down to Conway Park Station.
Posted By: hoseman Re: 21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street - 29th May 2010 12:27pm
I was working in Milton Pavement when it was still standing. Used to see it across the "wastelands", wasnt it a strip bar at sometime, remember being told!
First pub I ever drank in...not sure if I should be proud of that or not tho
Think ur right there, that does look like The Queens.
Posted By: oitsnik Re: 21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street - 15th May 2011 11:37am
A great bikers pub of the 80's,Had my first bottle of Newcastle brown in there great memories of years gone by!Not forgetting the Jimmy's,The Castle and of course the old Quay in Parkgate.
....Nick.
Posted By: ad3000 Re: 21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street - 15th May 2011 11:42am
Ive got Nestonlad's photo as my facebook photo these days.
Regular routine back in the them thar late 80's was usually a bottle of Dog in there, round to the Fireman's then into Stairways for a night of Ye Heavye Metale.
When the Angel came down, it was over to the Commodore instead, at the time owned by Pete (since sadly passed away)
i washed cars there awsome pics cheers
the angel inn was where the europa pool car park is now
i did my first catering job in the angel,the bikers were great people they did loads for local kids charities, tho i was a bit intimidated when i first started there,till i got to know them,rob was manager then not long before it closed.
my nan worked in the angel in the 50s.wonder iff anyone remembers her her name was emma hill,we lived in marion street.
dos;ent look a bit like the queens the queenswas a lovely building
Dave Wright was manager there for 6 years before it closed.
Anyone brave/daft enough - to have had a pint of Awld Roger Barley Mild in there - super-strong and so full of body - you nearly had to chew it !
Another picture of the Angel Inn

Attached picture Angel_Inn Birkenhead.jpg
Posted By: bert1 Re: 21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street - 23rd Sep 2020 4:20pm
A bit of history,

Chester Chronicle, 1850.

Attached picture angel inn.jpg
Posted By: mikeeb Re: 21 Angel Inn 1 Beckwith Street 1 Camden Street - 24th Sep 2020 11:37am
Nice bit of history Bert.
Must have been horrific for those poor horses.
[Linked Image]
Most of these pictures are already on this site but harder to find. I am adding them to relevant posts making them easier to find when doing a search.
If anyone is sick of me doing this let me know please. wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral