Forums
Posted By: history 376 Westbourne, Westbourne Road, Birkenhead - 14th Jan 2009 11:46am
As it is now.

Indexed happy

Attached picture 14012009278.jpg
Posted By: chris58 Re: 376 Westbourne, Westbourne Road, Birkenhead - 27th May 2010 3:40pm
Drove up past the original Westbourne pub today, anyone any idea where I can find out anything about the history of the building? Had it always been a pub before it was turned into flats?
Posted By: Erainn Re: 376 Westbourne, Westbourne Road, Birkenhead - 2nd Feb 2011 2:25pm
The Westbourne (Arms???) was the spot where as a 17/18 year old I went with a mate and had my first pint. It was a rite of passage in those days of 1972, memory's hazy but it seemed to be a darkish, slightly run-down place, full of old fellers who gave the impression they would eat you for breakfast. I think we chose the pub because it was not so high-profile or busy as The Warwick down the road. The experience left a mark to this day, along with a faded recollection of how bitter it tasted for the first time.
Yep this is the place that you find certain people selling stuff that been robbed from the near by street,One brain dead person try to sell me my own video recorder back.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral