Forums
Posted By: uptoncx 493 Greenland Fishery Hotel, Neston - 8th Jan 2009 7:53pm
The Greenland Fishery Hotel, Neston in 1988
Indexed happy

[Linked Image]

The Greenland Fishery opened in 1822 as a very small inn, it is described as having room to serve 10 people, it had two small rooms and a kitchen with a yard at the back with a scullery, earth closet and ash pit. Next door was another inn called the Black Bull, also dating back to about 1822.

In 1892 both inns were owned by Chester Northgate Brewery and they decided to combine the two inns under one licence. Extensive alterations were carried out to link the two buildings.

Posted By: kimpri Re: 493 Greenland Fishery Hotel, Neston - 31st Jan 2009 1:47pm
known as the fish in neston
Posted By: derekdwc Re: 493 Greenland Fishery Hotel, Neston - 13th Apr 2009 2:10pm

Attached picture Greenland Fishery.jpg
Posted By: nestonlad Re: 493 Greenland Fishery Hotel, Neston - 16th Apr 2009 9:08am
Heres a picture of the fish from the 1920's the sign says chester northgate brewery.You can see the old dairy at the top of the road were tesco's is today

Attached picture greenland fish 1920.jpg
Posted By: Neston_Vasey Re: 493 Greenland Fishery Hotel, Neston - 22nd Apr 2009 6:22pm
[Linked Image]

I planted those plants in the window tubs and hanging baskets, bloomin wind on that day kept blowing the things out as I was not allowed to water them as the pub was open and I might wet the regulars. laugh

It is also said to be haunted, been up to the room at the top of the pub (top left of the picture), and you become all cold, and freak out, even worse at night!!!

There are quite a few stories about this pub, I'll get hold of some photo's of the landing etc and post them up.
Posted By: Norton Re: 493 Greenland Fishery Hotel, Neston - 23rd Oct 2011 1:01pm
The Greenland Fishery Hotel, Neston Cross in 2003.
I've added this because it shows all of the left-hand side of the pub.
Now, where are those ghost stories we were promised?

Description: The Greenland Fishery, Neston Cross. 2003.
Attached picture 493-2003.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral