Forums
Posted By: Anonymous 630 Old Tavern 16-18 Magazine Lane, Wallasey - 8th Jan 2009 11:32am
When it was a church
Indexed happy

[Linked Image]

...and now as 'The Tav'.

[Linked Image]
I thought it was a school in the first picture?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 630 Old Tavern 16-18 Magazine Lane, Wallasey - 9th Jan 2009 3:18am
Wow, you could be right, although it does resemble a church, those kids look too scared to move out of line, lol, those were the days of the cane by the look of it eek
Spare the rod, spoil the child!

Only reason I say that about the first pic is in the Schools thread I created it appears there as a school. I can honestly say I've never been in there, and I'm not in too much of a hurry to either! laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 630 Old Tavern 16-18 Magazine Lane, Wallasey - 9th Jan 2009 3:30am
lol, i aint myself mate.

laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 630 Old Tavern 16-18 Magazine Lane, Wallasey - 9th Jan 2009 9:58am
Yes you are correct it was a School but also a 'church' for Sunday School.

A moderator can "edit" the error if he wants to!
Posted By: Tatey Re: 630 Old Tavern 16-18 Magazine Lane, Wallasey - 4th May 2009 5:48am
My Dad went to school there. I believe it may have been part of "Wriglys", a nickname for New Brighton (or Wallasey) high school, named after the headmaster
Posted By: Tatey Re: 630 Old Tavern 16-18 Magazine Lane, Wallasey - 13th Aug 2009 6:40am
Originally Posted by Tatey
My Dad went to school there. I believe it may have been part of "Wriglys", a nickname for New Brighton (or Wallasey) high school, named after the headmaster

Was it not known as St. Jame's Church School?
St James Church school was in Egerton Street New Brighton demolished in the late 60's it is now a childrens playground
The Tavern closed in 2015, planning permission to replace it with 16 flats has just been refused.

SOURCE
© Wirral-Wikiwirral