Forums
Posted By: uptoncx 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 7th Jan 2009 5:13pm
The Boot Inn Liscard in 1910
Indexed happy

[Linked Image]

The old inn was demolished in 1925 to enable Wallasey Road to be widened. The new building is on a site behind the Old Boot Inn.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 8th Jan 2009 11:18am
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: derekdwc Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 26th Feb 2009 11:50am
The Boot as Turnberrys

Attached picture the boot wallasey large.jpg
Posted By: torryman Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 16th Apr 2011 10:36am
what's the pubs link with radio city?there are 2 large banners for radio city above the pub now
Posted By: delta6 Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 29th Oct 2018 10:53am
Has this pub now closed down?
Saw a closing party advertised at the weekend.
Will it become flats, Tesco express??
Posted By: Norton Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 1st Nov 2018 5:03pm
Being refurbished as far as I know, or so as I was told.
It has the same owners as The Towers, which was closed for a short while to be refurbished.
However, as the same team is being used for both pubs, the owners re-opened The Towers so that the workmen could concentrate on The Boot.
Doing it this way, they would not be loosing income from both pubs at the same time.
In due course, the situation will reverse, so the Boot will be open while the Towers get refurbished.
Posted By: daveybm Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 5th Nov 2018 8:57am
Both the Towers and the Boot are closed for refurbishment, the Towers reopened for two weeks to get rid of the ale in stock from both pubs, rumour has it that they have both been taken over by Craft Union group. It is anticipated that both pubs will be open before Christmas although what the format and prices will be remains to be seen.
Posted By: daveybm Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 5th Nov 2018 9:06am
Craft Union are part of the Enterprise Inns group (Ei Group) who own the Towers, the Boot and the Queens in Liscard.
Posted By: delta6 Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 7th Nov 2018 11:00am
thanks all. much appreciated
Posted By: daveybm Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 25th Nov 2018 8:56am
The Boot has now reopened and the old riding boot in its display case has been found and reinstated. Prices for most beers are cheaper than Wetherspoons ie John Smiths £1.85 pint, Fosters £2.35 pint.

Posted By: Greenwood Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 28th Nov 2018 11:04pm
You've answered the question I thought of when I saw the heading; I'm glad the boot in the display case has been found, I remember that from when I was young. It's a little bit of local history!
Posted By: mikeeb Re: 438 Boot Inn, Wallasey Road - 21st Feb 2021 12:13pm
The Boot is the building on the left.
[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral