Forums
Posted By: bandit FREE TO A GOOD HOME - WORKING STANNAH STAIRLIFT - 26th Jul 2012 4:37pm
FREE TO A GOOD HOME - STANNAH STAIRLIFT

Can be seen working. My mother passed away so it needs to be removed from the house. It is not new, but has had a full maintenance contract on it so it has been regularly maintained and in good working order. Currently mounted on the left hand side of the stairs. Will need to be electrically disconnected by a spark and the electrics made safe (as the power still needs to be on in the property). In the CH42 area of Tranmere, near to the Sportsmans Pub. Ring Neil on 07845 702 293 and I can arrange a viewing. grin
i would have it but need to sort a spark out first
My mum badly needs a stairlift and we are waiting for social services to sort one out which could take months. Can this be installed on any staircase?
my hubby used to fit these.i can ask him for you if ya like
Thanks Zelda.

I have been round to view the stairlift today and providing we can get someone to move it, we would like it.

Any help gratefully received with this item, people. I would like it to go to someone who will use it. I haven't the heart to disconnect it and weigh it in with a scrappy ...... mum would never forgive me grin
Where`s it going too?,If its local I maybe able to help you out smile
It will be going from Tranmere, near the Sportsmans Pub. I don't know where it is going to .........
It's going to five mins down the road, borough road..

If someone can handle the electric's..
Looks like the scrappy it is then ...... nobody seems interested frown
Could you not donate it to a charity?
Update on this..

Just been quoted £300 from an electrician to move this from A to B, thats if it fits my staircase..

A bit pricey me thinks..
my hubby can fit it if you get someone to do electricks
Charities have become a bit picky over the years as to what they can and cannot sell on .... No furniture without the fire-resistant labels on them, stairlifts over a certain age they wouldn't entertain. I tried the 2 that advertise that they buy them in in the Wirral News/Globe and they say that its over a certain age ... doesn't matter that it had a maintenance contract on it and was regularly maintained...... cry
If you can contact Manx cat we could arrange for your hubby to come and look at both houses (they are very close together) to see for himself and take thyings from there?
my no. is 07845 702 293
am i seeing right is this item free and any idea of the cost of disconnecting it and reconnection, is it made for bendy stairs as well as straight set of stairs?
Yes you ARE seeing it right, it is FREE. It is for a straight run of stairs (12 or 13 stairs). It would need someone to disconnect it/reconnect it. I have no idea how much it would cost
Could i take this for my mates mum please
Originally Posted by bandit
If you can contact Manx cat we could arrange for your hubby to come and look at both houses (they are very close together) to see for himself and take thyings from there?
my no. is 07845 702 293

what day is best for you.anyday this week will suit us.still need electrition.he can take it out and re fit it
Thursday or Friday afternoon, after 3pm is OK for me, or saturday anytime .....
Thursday or Friday afternoon, after 3pm is OK for me, or saturday anytime .....

pm sent
Not received one. Send me a text to 07845 702 293
Not received one. Send me a text to 07845 702 293

incase you never got my text hubby said saturday afternoon is good for him just give me a time.
I have had no reply off Manx cat so not sure whats happening that end
Thank you to all who have offered to help on this one but we still need an electrician to come forward and give an estimate.

I spoke with two last week and the first one won't touch it and the second quoted me £300, thats if it can be done.

I have submited an application to the social services for one to be fitted free, yes I know it may take sometime but there we go.

If anyone else can take advantage of this very kind offer from Neil, please feel free to jump in.

Many thanks.
Originally Posted by ManxCat
Thank you to all who have offered to help on this one but we still need an electrician to come forward and give an estimate.

I spoke with two last week and the first one won't touch it and the second quoted me £300, thats if it can be done.

I have submited an application to the social services for one to be fitted free, yes I know it may take sometime but there we go.

If anyone else can take advantage of this very kind offer from Neil, please feel free to jump in.

Many thanks.

Thanks for letting me know and sorry electrition is going to cost you that much
£300 to remove a stairlift?

Daylight robbery!
Do it yourself or pm Sanchez on here.
300 quid?! they are so easy to remove its unreal that someone would charge that much!give me a shout if you want it taking out.
Originally Posted by _Ste_
£300 to remove a stairlift?

Daylight robbery!
Do it yourself or pm Sanchez on here.

Hold the phone here my hubby was not charging anything he was gonna come take it out but you need an electrition as well and we dont know any.
oops sorry guys read this post wrong lol only just got up
Hi Dave
If you would like to see it and possibly remove it (safely), give me a ring on 639 8520 and we can arrange a day/time.
Much obliged mate.

Neil
Posted By: bandit Re: FREE TO A GOOD HOME - WORKING STANNAH STAIRLIFT - 24th Oct 2012 10:29pm
Well, nobody got in touch so I disconnected the bloody thing myself. A doddle, really. So many people trying to rip other people off (by charging £300 to disconnect it ... However, being on my own doing it, I couldnt remove it in 1 piece so I smashed it to bits and binned it. I left the thick aluminium track in the driveway against the wall and some thieving scrap collector who had been up and down the roads asking for scrap must have taken it and weighed it in ........... so all in all, everybody's loss and a scumbag's gain .....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral