Forums
Posted By: genji Mitsubishi Galant - 25th Nov 2011 9:01am
Aight. I'm about to scrap my car and it occurred to me someone may yet get some use out of it. It's a Mitsubishi Galant GLS, S reg (1998), automatic transmission, saloon.

The Good.
It's never failed to start and is still quite fast. It's had a new radiator and brake discs and pads in 2011, a new (reconditioned) gearbox fitted in 2009, and has a brand new spare tyre in the boot. The heater still works. Ish.

The Bad.
Road tax is due next week and costs £240-ish per year, I think. It's not that cheap to insure, either - over £600 a year with 7 years no claims. It is old and is likely to need work doing on it when its M.O.T. is due at the end of next March. The spare key broke off in the boot lock so you can only open the boot using the clamp in the driver's footwell. The offside headlamp washer is broken off and the clock works but intermittently. The windscreen wiper blades need replacing.

The Ugly.
It's covered in dents and scratchettes and there's a hefty bump above the nearside rear wheel. It's been keyed (during that week of riots) down the whole driver's side.

I don't want paying for it - I just want a clean transfer of ownership so I can inform the DVLA.

If anyone's interested can you let me know by tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon? Otherwise I'll just arrange to have it scrapped.

Cheers.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Mitsubishi Galant - 25th Nov 2011 9:08am
Pm sent
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Mitsubishi Galant - 25th Nov 2011 9:44am
Save it Ste!

I saw one for sale the other day on autotrader for £400 and was seriously considering it.
Out of interest which engine is it?
Posted By: genji Re: Mitsubishi Galant - 25th Nov 2011 9:54am
It's a 2.0 litre. £400? Are you kidding?

Mine's not in great nick, anyway. I doubt it's worth anything like that.

Anyway, Ste was in there first so I'd better let everyone know the offer's finished unless he decides he doesn't want it.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Mitsubishi Galant - 25th Nov 2011 9:57am
Oh I wasn't trying to jump in front of Ste. I have neither the time nor patience.
Ste is definately the right man for the job! happy
Posted By: DavidB Re: Mitsubishi Galant - 25th Nov 2011 11:14am
If Ste doesn't get it can I have second dibs, I'm carless! Either way, it's very good of you!!
Posted By: genji Re: Mitsubishi Galant - 25th Nov 2011 11:24am
Originally Posted by DavidB
If Ste doesn't get it can I have second dibs, I'm carless! Either way, it's very good of you!!

It'd be third dibs, I'm afraid. Somebody else PM'd me shortly after Ste.

TBH, I just couldn't bear the thought of it being crushed so - thanks WikiWirral!
Posted By: turnip Re: Mitsubishi Galant - 16th Dec 2011 11:17pm
If you haven't managed to get rid of this I'll take it off your hands smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral