Forums
Posted By: Kieran1981 Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 8:34am
Free to good home. It says the make is Air Force, which I believe is B&Q own branded climate control systems. It also has a heat pump. Comes with remote control and hose. It's a little tatty and a wheel fell off but it still has 4 wheels to push it around. It's 14,000 BTU so is powerful for a plug in air con. It cools to 16c. It cools an average size living room in no time. You can see it working before you take it so you know I am not using you as a free rubbish dump. It's heavy (50kg) and quite large but it would fit in my Sportka with the seats down. I live in a shared house now so I don't really want to run up my land lady's electricity bill, plus I need more room in my bedroom. It costs around 20 pence an hour to run. Grab yourself a freebie before next summer smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 8:53am
I may be interested as my work is looking to buy one. I will let you know on monday of out hasn't already gone. Do you have any pics
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 8:56am
I'll put some pictures up later when I get home from work.
Posted By: RichardBiffa Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 9:01am
Hi I would take this off you if still available could pick up today ??
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 9:01am
Here is a link with a picture of it. Anyway I'll post pictures of mine later. http://www.airconco.com/Hiring-Airforce-Portable-Air-Conditioner/
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 9:04am
Hi I am at work til 6pm today and tomorrow. Am in all day Monday and Tuesday.
Posted By: RichardBiffa Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 9:06am
Could Pick up Monday if that's convenient for you my email is [email protected] if you want to arrange details thanks
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 9:16am
Monday is great. I'll email you later and arrange. Will you be using it at home? It's best if your windows are the type that open at the bottom so the hose can easily reach from the air con unit otherwise it will be a stretch and you would have to have it right against the wall meaning you'll partially block airflow. It draws warm air in through the back, cools it, then puts the waste heat outside through the hose and the cool air goes out the front. It's essentially a fridge with a fan but much more powerful.
Posted By: RichardBiffa Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 9:20am
Great it is for use at home I work nights and struggle to sleep in the day my windows open out fully so should be fine thanks and speak tO you later
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 20th Aug 2011 9:35am
Yeah I work nights too on rota. Ok I'll email you later with some pics. Be warned air con units aren't quiet, I got used to it as I bought it for the same reason you want it. Imagine a fridge but a bit loader with a fan noise on top. I was just greatful to be cool. It's a constant sound and drowns out every day noises that make it harder to sleep, it did for me anyway. Much better having that than a dog barking or kids shouting etc. Used to have my bedroom in the attic in my previous place and it hit 40c in there when the sun shined on it in summer. That air con could get it down to 20c after an hour.
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Portable Air Conditioning unit - 23rd Aug 2011 8:01pm
Air con unit has now gone to its new home. No longer available. Thanks for your interest everyone.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral