Forums
Posted By: MattLFC CRT PC Monitors - 30th Mar 2011 9:30am
Right, been asked to dispose of a load of CRT monitors, all shapes and sizes, in an eco-friendly manner. ie. recycling.

So the first port of call is to offer them to peeps on wiki, so if you need or want, or indeed know anyone who wants, a CRT monitor for free, let me know.

smile
Posted By: lansyp Re: CRT PC Monitors - 30th Mar 2011 9:35am
hi matt theres a bloke on free cycle who will take them he makes up systems and hands them out on free cycle i think he would probably take them all off you
Posted By: MattLFC Re: CRT PC Monitors - 30th Mar 2011 9:46am
Cheers, will leave them on here for a few days, and then have a look into that lead. Much appreciated mate.

smile
Posted By: polo_phil Re: CRT PC Monitors - 30th Mar 2011 9:53am
What's the largest you have?

and are any black?

Thanks
Posted By: MattLFC Re: CRT PC Monitors - 30th Mar 2011 12:09pm
None black, think there may be a couple of 19" there was a 22" but think someone has moved it, will have a look later for you.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: CRT PC Monitors - 30th Mar 2011 12:21pm
Thanks Matt! thumbsup

I'd like 2 19" if you have them? smile
Posted By: little_pob Re: CRT PC Monitors - 30th Mar 2011 12:35pm
Halfords and ebay both have black vinyl dye... wink

[Disclaimer] The capacitors in monitors and other cathode ray displays can hold a leathal charge for several years.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: CRT PC Monitors - 30th Mar 2011 5:55pm
Didnt get chance to have a look im afraid mate, was in a different department this afternoon and couldnt get away. Day off tomoz, so will get back to you first thing Friday morning.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: CRT PC Monitors - 31st Mar 2011 7:44am
No rush mate! smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: CRT PC Monitors - 1st Apr 2011 8:23am
Alright fella, had a look for you this morning, can only find 17" CRT's, there has been some disappear since the beginning of the week however and I'm sure there was bigger, so will see if I can trace whats happened to them.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: CRT PC Monitors - 1st Apr 2011 8:32am
Cheers Matt.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: CRT PC Monitors - 4th Apr 2011 8:07am
Alright mate, turns out a charity took a load off our hands the day I put this ad up, hence all the best ones have gone (19" and 22" jobs).

Looks like there is only 17" and 15" left im afraid.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: CRT PC Monitors - 4th Apr 2011 8:25am
Damn charities!

Not to worry mate I already have a pair of 17"

Thanks for looking smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: CRT PC Monitors - 4th Apr 2011 8:34am
Sound, will keep me eyes peeled for ye as there are likely more scattered around the building, if I come across any ill let you know.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral