Forums
Posted By: Little_B Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 25th Feb 2011 11:45pm
I have a two aylesbury ducks that i would like to go to a good home. That means not eaten or caged. I thing they are about 2 years old and both males

Attached picture Ducks_small.jpg
Posted By: The_Monk Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 26th Feb 2011 1:30am
my wife would absolutely love these two.
do they come with any shelters or anything?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 26th Feb 2011 1:35am
They come with a packet of sage and onion and some hoi sin sauce, cucumber and pancakes.
Your choice, english or chinese!
Posted By: kermit Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 26th Feb 2011 1:46am
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
They come with a packet of sage and onion and some hoi sin sauce, cucumber and pancakes.
Your choice, english or chinese!

Thats cruel, but duck eggs are lovely
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 26th Feb 2011 2:22am
Do males do eggs??
Posted By: Razzi Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 26th Feb 2011 8:54am
only the fertilized ones.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 26th Feb 2011 11:52am
Give Tom o shanters farm a call mate 0151 653 9332, they might take them on board and they will be guaranteed to be looked after then, and with plenty of land to roam on.
Posted By: kermit Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 26th Feb 2011 6:49pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Do males do eggs??

ha ha I did nt even get on to0 that lol smile
Call Woodchurch High - already have chickens...
I would take them but my gardens paved and I'd feel mean
are these still available?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 2nd Mar 2011 11:34am
How muuch space do they need?

I have a large garden but wouldn't want to have to fence a large chunk of it off.

I'm presuming they just need fencing in?
Posted By: golfvr Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 3rd Mar 2011 7:17am
do you still have these?
Yes i still have the ducks i have them in quite a big back garden the only thing is they need to be locked away at night away from foxes.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 3rd Mar 2011 10:29am
So they're not fenced in at any point? Do they not run away?

I'm quite keen actually, think it'd be quite nice having ducks knocking around, and they would have a little stream to splash around in.
they have to be fenced in to a degree because it would be quite difficult to put them away at night the bigger the area is
they need to be kept in some sort of contained area because the bigger the area they are in the harder it would be to put them away at night but they can't fly and after a couple of months they do get used to where they sleep and are quite easy to persuade in
they need to be kept in some sort of contained area because the bigger the area they are in the harder it would be to put them away at night but they can't fly and after a couple of months they do get used to where they sleep and are quite easy to persuade in
Posted By: golfvr Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 3rd Mar 2011 9:34pm
a guy in my work is has a bit of land and is setting up a little farm I will ask him tomorrow

allready has ducks,hens and a goat smile (and 3 dogs)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 3rd Mar 2011 11:19pm
My garden is 1/4 acre, plenty of room but apparently they just shit everywhere?

Our garden is nicely landscaped with a little stream, water feature and lots of grass and fruit trees.

Problem being, I'd never get it past the boss, who hates her garden being messed up - given how much time and money was spent on it.
Posted By: pondman Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 27th Mar 2012 12:51pm
Would you split them?
I am after a single Aylesbury drake to go with my female. Her mate died frown We have a very large pond and grounds with many other ducks here in Bromborough. They are all very well looked after here at Duck heaven. We certainly do not eat our ducks although we do harvest their eggs. But I can't take them both.
Posted By: Clive Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 27th Mar 2012 12:58pm
Originally Posted by pondman
Would you split them?
I am after a single Aylesbury drake to go with my female. Her mate died frown We have a very large pond and grounds with many other ducks here in Bromborough. They are all very well looked after here at Duck heaven. We certainly do not eat our ducks although we do harvest their eggs. But I can't take them both.
You dug this post up from the archives its over 1 year old
Posted By: Rich334 Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 27th Mar 2012 1:01pm
Originally Posted by pondman
Would you split them?

I think these may have gone by now the original post was started last year
Posted By: pondman Re: Pair of aylesbury ducks to a good home only - 27th Mar 2012 1:07pm
Oops! doh!
OK. thanks. Stupid me!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral