Forums
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew FREE: 34" Beko TV - 17th Feb 2010 3:31pm
FREE: 34" Beko TV
[Linked Image]

This TV is for a free give away but will need collecting,
It had no marks on it at all, the only problem is is the picture on it has shrunk so i think the tube has gone so that will need to be fixed.
It also has dolby surround and fast text.

So if you want it, its yours.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: FREE: 34" Beko TV - 17th Feb 2010 9:12pm
tubes fine mate, just needs a repair, sounds like screen collapse.
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Re: FREE: 34" Beko TV - 18th Feb 2010 1:23am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
tubes fine mate, just needs a repair, sounds like screen collapse.

Yours if you want it m8.
Or would even do for spares if there is any tv repair men on here.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: FREE: 34" Beko TV - 18th Feb 2010 2:30am
I`ve got 3 tv`s mate (1 of which needs repair) so not for me, thanks anyway. smile

Why not take it to the tv repair shop in king st? They may haave it for spares.
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: FREE: 34" Beko TV - 18th Feb 2010 5:49pm
I didn't know they made crt's that big? What a whooper, be a job getting rid of that when it meets it's maker! smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: FREE: 34" Beko TV - 18th Feb 2010 7:38pm
Back in the 90's, my bro had a 40" Toshiba CRT (non-widescreen) - it was pathetic though because his living room was far too small for it's footprint, it dominated the room. This was when Sky Digital first came out in about 1998/1999 (I only remember that because I remember watching .tv on it a lot lol).

Most manufacturers made upto 36", its just the likes of Argos et al didnt bother selling them.

It's a shame the Philips and Samsung ultra-slim CRT technolgies made it to the market too late (or never made it to market at all) and were succeeded by Plasma and then LCD before they became popular - 32" CRT's with a dept of less than 18cm were not that far away. I remember back in 2003ish, Philips announcing (possibly at CES) a roadmap involving CRT TV's with depths of less that 9cm.

frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral