Forums
Posted By: KevinFinity Old Laser - 15th Oct 2009 6:29pm
This is an old laser projector. It no longer works and would suit someone good with electronics who wants something to tinker with when they are bored. It used to project basic pattens on the wall but the circuit that controlled the motors conked out years ago. The motors are now disconnected. if you apply voltage to the motor wires they still spin and produce pattens. The laser tube still works.
It is a class 3b 5mw 650nm (red) argon laser tube. Its no more powerful than the average red laser pen so you won't be creating any ufo hoaxes with it.
It contains very high voltage inside when its on and (as I found out once the hard way) it stores a high voltage charge when its powered off so I recommend this gos to someone who knows what they are doing.
I am not responsible for what you do with this once it changes hands. Don't shine it in peoples eyes or at the police helicopter, not that anyone on here is that daft anyway.

Attached picture 100_5869 [800x600].JPG
Attached picture 100_5875 [800x600].JPG
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Old Laser - 15th Oct 2009 6:30pm
The furniture polish is to give a idea of scale.

Attached picture 100_5880 [800x600].JPG
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Old Laser - 15th Oct 2009 8:58pm
ill have it collect tomorrow?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Old Laser - 15th Oct 2009 9:06pm
you and that polish laugh
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Old Laser - 15th Oct 2009 9:49pm
Haha I forgot I have used the mr sheen before. It just happens to be on the work top whenever I photograph stuff to give away. I will use a tin of beans or something next time. laugh
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Old Laser - 15th Oct 2009 9:53pm
it was born to be a model!! laugh
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Old Laser - 16th Oct 2009 6:33pm
GONE smile
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Old Laser - 16th Oct 2009 6:42pm
Just make sure you done electrocute yourself. noonoo laugh
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Old Laser - 16th Oct 2009 7:27pm
haha ive had a few little ones... getting on quite well with it! laugh im going to fit switched battery packs to the motors.
Posted By: scoops Re: Old Laser - 16th Oct 2009 11:22pm
It might sound like a completely crazy idea Chris but how about using the battery packs from Xmas lights?
You know the ones that run a sequence? That could provide some interesting random patterns when hooked up to mirror motors wink
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Old Laser - 16th Oct 2009 11:48pm
thats what im doing smile ive looked on maplins a switched box is 1.29 each, so buy two and then i can switch them on/off for different effects smile also using different voltage batteries changes the paterns ive had them doing a few tonight, so might buy several packs or find a way to restrict current!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral