Forums
Posted By: Talla Free AEG Washing Machine Spairs/Repair - 3rd Mar 2009 12:47pm
I've got an AEG washing machine that has a couple of faults...

1. The Soapbox water distributer doesn't work so you cannot use softener or stain remover, works fine for a normal wash though.

2. Needs new brushes for motor, these cost between £10 and £20 on internet, Grange Electric will probably have replacements in stock but they need to see old ones.

3. Needs a bit of elbow grease to clean it up, but can't see any rust on white enamel. Currently outside so condition will deteriorate.

If anyone wants it for spares/repair then they have to collect, if nobody wants it then I will munch it before taking to tip so if anybody wants any parts from it then please shout.

I will fit the brushes if anyone wants me to but they would have to put cash up front for them. There is no guarantee that the armature isn't burn/spark damaged (sometimes they are but usually ok if first set of brushes) but I will examine the armature if somebody is genuine before asking for cash, it's a bit of a dirty job but only takes 10 mins.

These are really good machines, low noise, low vibration, good quality, door seals never go etc.

This machine has only ever had the two faults above and is currently working but does need brushes replacing to avoid any damage to armature. Only other faults that happen on these machines are occasionally the belt goes (easy to fix) and sometimes the soap pipe splits (bit harder to fix but fairly cheap).

It is free, PM me
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: Free AEG Washing Machine Spairs/Repair - 4th Mar 2009 9:39pm
Free AEG Washing Machine Spairs/Repair

Free AEG Washing Machine Spares/Repairs
Spelt it wrong wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral