Forums
Posted By: fish5133 £26million Lottery New Year Win - 1st Jan 2017 12:16pm
What a way to start the new year for someone(s). Just make sure your well in with all your in laws---just in case!
I think the greatest pleasure money like that would give me would be to really help out others and even do it anonymously. Think I would get a weird kick out of knowing someones situation and then just popping a load of money through their letterbox---mind you the curiosity of the receiver may be too much.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: £26million Lottery New Year Win - 1st Jan 2017 1:03pm
Be nice to give 25 family's 1m each. It could change so many lives!

Or at least just pay off everyone mortgages for them.
Posted By: granny Re: £26million Lottery New Year Win - 1st Jan 2017 2:58pm

I think I would use the annual interest to live off and the remainder to divide between 15 people each year (5 being family members). I assume that there would not be tax to pay as that would have already been paid on the interest . Right or wrong ?
Ten different strangers each year, and one charity (different each year too) .
No MBE or OBE being sought, but to have so much money , what would one otherwise do with it, apart from give it away ?
Posted By: granny Re: £26million Lottery New Year Win - 1st Jan 2017 3:03pm
I think the interest at 0.5 would be £130,000 per annum. Not so much as anticipated frown
Posted By: fish5133 Re: £26million Lottery New Year Win - 1st Jan 2017 5:21pm
Originally Posted by granny
I think the interest at 0.5 would be £130,000 per annum. Not so much as anticipated frown

Yep--think I would struggle on just £130K a year.... wink

Posted By: keef666 Re: £26million Lottery New Year Win - 2nd Jan 2017 6:53pm
One million would do me, then i wouldn't have to clean sick up off the floor and crap out of toilets ever again!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral