Forums
Posted By: Davefabo Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 20th Jan 2016 3:20pm
I see a large part of the B&Q car park has been fenced off and what looks like construction work starting.
Does anyone know what is happening on this site?, there been lots of development there recently.
Posted By: danjaylai Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 20th Jan 2016 4:40pm
Apparently they're getting things sorted for when halfords becomes McDonald's?

Didn't even know that was happening until recently
Posted By: j_demo Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 20th Jan 2016 6:20pm
Originally Posted by danjaylai
Apparently they're getting things sorted for when halfords becomes McDonald's?

Didn't even know that was happening until recently

Halfords being McDonalds was the original plan years ago, as it stands i believe that Halfords is staying and McDonalds is opening up as it's own shop in the middle of the car park much like Subway & KFC have done in Bromborough.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 20th Jan 2016 6:34pm
Drive-through is going on Bidston Link Road side of car-park with single lane drive-through going round it.

PLAN
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 20th Jan 2016 10:24pm
Pretty sure the mobile cafe that has been in the B&Q car park for years will not be too happy with McDonald's there.......
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 20th Jan 2016 10:26pm
Exactly what I was going to say! Unless they can offer a different range or undercut prices, they'll be in trouble.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 21st Jan 2016 7:45am
I don't think people that enjoy their burgers will switch to McDonald's, you can't compare their food to McDonald's.
Posted By: Hmmmm Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 21st Jan 2016 10:46pm
McDonalds got rejected! Its going to be a costa coffee apparently and possible drive through!!
Posted By: AR_One Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 22nd Jan 2016 11:33am
One of the empty new units is going to be an Aldi:

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/planning/D...t.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=97729

Posted By: j_demo Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 22nd Jan 2016 9:04pm
Originally Posted by oldpm01
Pretty sure the mobile cafe that has been in the B&Q car park for years will not be too happy with McDonald's there.......

the "mobile" cafe that is ALWAYS there and never moves... to be fair, it's probably about time they had some competition, they've had that place monopolised for years.
Posted By: Brocks Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 3rd Feb 2016 3:02pm
OOPs! Get the facts right

Original deleted
Then there's the coffee shop inside B&Q as well.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 3rd Feb 2016 9:40pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
Originally Posted by oldpm01

the "mobile" cafe that is ALWAYS there and never moves... to be fair, it's probably about time they had some competition, they've had that place monopolised for years.

I can't remember who told me now so it may not be absolutely true but I believe its actually owned by B&Q themselves and not the independent roadside burgar van it pretends to be.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Building work on B&Q car park, Bidston - 3rd Feb 2016 10:30pm
Its a national chain "The Lunch Box UK Ltd" a private limited company. There are 18 of them around the country.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral