Forums
Posted By: granny Hotel Run By Robots - 2nd Jun 2015 7:40am
Would you stay in an hotel run by robots ?

The machines may soon be taking over the reception desk.

In July, the Henn-na Hotel will open in the city of Sasebo, Japan, and its owners hope this will be a new frontier for the hospitality industry.

It will be staffed by 10 life-like robots, with only two flesh-and-blood staff members on the premises.

The robots will greet guests, carry bags, and even clean rooms once a guest leaves. Complete with an eerily realistic female face, they are designed to speak several languages and respond to guest enquiries in the 72-room hotel.

The aim is to create an all-round hi-tech experience, including facial recognition software to open doors.

While not every receptionist or bellboy is under immediate threat from an imminent robot uprising, the wider hotel business is embracing new technologies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32931923

Strange place to be ,I would have thought. Cars that don't make a noise, pedestrian crossings that say 'cuckoo', and hotel receptionists that talk at you not with you. Who knows what might happen if a naughty robot got out of line and snatched your baggage ......or worse ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hotel Run By Robots - 2nd Jun 2015 8:08am
I don't like the sound of this one bit ! no

Ned Ludd
Posted By: cools Re: Hotel Run By Robots - 2nd Jun 2015 8:24am
Would absolutley hate it! I don't like the way the world going with all this technology. I know it's progress and the young ones love it but I prefer to speak to real people and it really saddens me to think everything will be like that in the years to come. The young ones are losing the art of communication as they constantly on mobiles texting and their grammar , well! I,m an oldie tho so it won't, affect me ,all so science fiction! The thing is though that when something happens (God forbid) to the earth that knocks everything off , people will have to revert back to depending on themselves . I,m very philosophical for this time in the morning arn,t I.......
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hotel Run By Robots - 2nd Jun 2015 8:54am
Originally Posted by cools
Would absolutley hate it! I don't like the way the world going with all this technology. I know it's progress and the young ones love it but I prefer to speak to real people and it really saddens me to think everything will be like that in the years to come. The young ones are losing the art of communication as they constantly on mobiles texting and their grammar , well! I,m an oldie tho so it won't, affect me ,all so science fiction! The thing is though that when something happens (God forbid) to the earth that knocks everything off , people will have to revert back to depending on themselves . I,m very philosophical for this time in the morning arn,t I.......

Well said cools !
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Hotel Run By Robots - 2nd Jun 2015 9:43am
There are already some automated hotels like this, where there's just a screen to check in rather than a person.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Hotel Run By Robots - 2nd Jun 2015 6:05pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
There are already some automated hotels like this, where there's just a screen to check in rather than a person.

Last year I stayed in a hotel like this in Oslo. It worked really well. For the most part you don't really need loads of staff. The hotel was very cheap and clean but there was someone on duty if you need to speak to someone. I can't see this being much different as there are real life staff as well as robots. How much interaction do you really need when booking into a hotel really?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral