Forums
Posted By: nem12esis Referendum on membership of the EU - 1st Feb 2014 3:36pm
What is your opinion of the unelected members of the House of Lords, with a faction lead by failed politicians, Kinnock and Mandelson, proposing a number of crazy amendments to the bill in order to prevent we, the electorate who pay their wages and expenses, from having a referendum on our membership of the corrupt and unelected European Union. Whether or not you wish to remain a member or to leave is not the point here, I would be interested in your thoughts on our prevention of having a voice in this matter by people who we did not elect.

Posted By: sunnyside Re: Referendum on membership of the EU - 1st Feb 2014 5:16pm
Hello,i think you have posted this topic in the wrong forum, this is the new members forum.
Posted By: 16dibbins Re: Referendum on membership of the EU - 1st Feb 2014 7:27pm
I know you are in the wrong forum but both Kinnock and Mandleson have vested interest in staying in the EU. Every one of Kinnock's family are involved in or have been involved in the EU in some way - they've made millions out of it. They are not going to bite the hand that feeds...... eek
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Referendum on membership of the EU - 1st Feb 2014 10:44pm
send them all back to where they came from!!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Referendum on membership of the EU - 4th Feb 2014 11:30am
I think too many people are fed opinions from tabloids about how the EU is evil and corrupt, and how they stop the sale of bent bananas and cucumbers, or renaming our chocolate. All tabloid ploys to sell newspapers.

My personal "pro" for the EU is that they forced the UK to stop being so filthy and dumping sewage and pollution into our rivers and seas. For years Britain was known as the "dirty man of Europe".

And we've now got decent water and beaches to enjoy as a result.

There's more on the positives here:

http://eudebate.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/so-what-are-positives-of-eu.html
Posted By: nem12esis Re: Referendum on membership of the EU - 5th Feb 2014 10:15am
Originally Posted by Gibbo
I think too many people are fed opinions from tabloids about how the EU is evil and corrupt, and how they stop the sale of bent bananas and cucumbers, or renaming our chocolate. All tabloid ploys to sell newspapers.

My personal "pro" for the EU is that they forced the UK to stop being so filthy and dumping sewage and pollution into our rivers and seas. For years Britain was known as the "dirty man of Europe".

And we've now got decent water and beaches to enjoy as a result.

There's more on the positives here:

http://eudebate.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/so-what-are-positives-of-eu.html

This does not answer my question, I deliberately worded the question to avoid the pro-EU ers from having an early two-pennorth. I would be interested in your answer however, if you would please read the question carefully first.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral