Forums
Posted By: snowshoes Dog Fouling - 22nd Dec 2013 6:57pm
I see things have not changed much. I remember 50 years ago. Dog poo all over the place,. I cannot understand this.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Dog Fouling - 22nd Dec 2013 7:43pm
Seen one, seen them all...
Posted By: granny Re: Dog Fouling - 22nd Dec 2013 11:31pm
This council used to provide bags, free of charge. Although they were very much behind the rest of the country at that time,, it did help. Needless to say they became too much of an expense and were discontinued a few years back. Other parts of the country also had special bins for the purpose but Wirral said the cost to clean them was too much! Poor old Wirral.
That aside, one day somebody allowed his dog, which was not on a lead, to walk into my front garden and do it's business there as he watched. Being somewhat incensed, I grabbed my car keys and caught up with him down the road. Confronted him, and he didn't even acknowledge I had spoken to him. Ignorant as they come. Thought best not to push my luck but always kept my eye open for him.
Dog dead now.

Hey Zipper ,you could start a new game....Spot the Difference. Saturday afternoon activity with the grandchildren in the local park.
That would be nice wouldn't it?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 12:07am
Magnifing glass and cocktail sticks at the ready, open those park gates, here we come!
Posted By: keving Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 12:48am
Originally Posted by granny

Dog dead now.

did you have anything to do with that ? smirk
Posted By: lansyp Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 8:12am
its just lazy people that cant be bothered picking it up ,i have a big dog that does big poo but i always clean up after her but the amount of people i see just walking off is unbelievable
Posted By: Dilly Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 8:26am
Its the people that bag it and then throw it into bushes or just leave it laying around, they would be better leaving it unbagged if they can't be bothered to bin it.
Posted By: starakita Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 9:30am
I have an Akita she's big for a female but I always clean up after her but she's always on her lead.Its the people who walk along dog miles behind them & don't notice & the one's who think its above them to pick it up get on my nerves giving the good owners a bad name
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 10:01am
as a responsible dog owner, who always picks up, im just wondering how many people actually challenge people who do not pick up, and those people who just casually toss their litter to the ground, or drivers that empty their ash trays into the kerb, or mothers that change their baby's nappy and leave it on the grass in the park......the list is endless, but i guess dog owners are easy targets
Posted By: Salmon Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 11:35am
On Bidston Hill yesterday I saw a bloke let his big dog do it's thing. The bloke did exactly what Elizabeth mentioned, looked around, fumbled in his pockets, looked around again then walked off. I went up to him and offered him a black bag to pick it up. Oh dear me, I am lucky to be writing this from home rather than Arrowe Park. His dog had done nothing at all apparently so I don't know what I saw coming out the animal's rear.
Posted By: sean Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 12:01pm
I hate picking poop up cos it makes me gag but our 2 boxers only like to poo in front of an audience so I HAVE to pick it up grin the poo in the bags make nice hand warmers in the winter though, haha.
also, in the past I have been stopped a few time by coppers on new brighton prom asking me if I have bag, which I did
Posted By: Mark Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 12:31pm
I cant wait until horses have to follow the same guidelines.
When it rains it sticks just like dog poo. Ask any cyclists.

Cats never crap in there own garden i'm told. So that's a joy.

Dog owners get the most grief because imo it happens the most with the most inconveniences to the the owner and there shoes and the confined space they find them selves in. (pong).

I remember as a kid there was crap on every corner, and every lamp post was the hot spot so to speak.

Originally Posted by Salmon
On Bidston Hill yesterday I saw a bloke let his big dog do it's thing. The bloke did exactly what Elizabeth mentioned, looked around, fumbled in his pockets, looked around again then walked off. I went up to him and offered him a black bag to pick it up. Oh dear me, I am lucky to be writing this from home rather than Arrowe Park. His dog had done nothing at all apparently so I don't know what I saw coming out the animal's rear.

Thanks for that warning. But who would you report it too?
I'm guessing that many owners assume the rules apply only to payments, as there are no DO NOT Signs up at Bidston hill that i have seen ?

My 2pence wink
Posted By: Salmon Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 12:44pm
No need for signs, it is a legal requirement to clean up
http://www.environmentlaw.org.uk/rte.asp?id=50
Posted By: sam_w Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 1:32pm
As a dog owner my biggest annoyance is people not picking up after there dogs. I always carry a poo bag even when im not with the dog just out of habit.

A while back I was walking my dog in Birkenhead park, it was raining and mid week so I had the park to myself. After 10mins I noticed a council van was following me, then another joined them so I couldn't turn a corner without them being in sight. My dog did his after about 40mins business I picked it up put it in the bin and the vans disappeared smile obviously trying to catch me out.
Posted By: casper Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 2:19pm
I've just seen a cracker (no pun intended) on the way home a guy stood on the corner with two dogs on leads, both having a dump in different roads, a double header or a double treader?
Posted By: casper Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 2:31pm
Originally Posted by Mark
I cant wait until horses have to follow the same guidelines.
When it rains it sticks just like dog poo. Ask any cyclists.

Cats never crap in there own garden i'm told. So that's a joy.

Dog owners get the most grief because imo it happens the most with the most inconveniences to the the owner and there shoes and the confined space they find them selves in. (pong).

I remember as a kid there was crap on every corner, and every lamp post was the hot spot so to speak.

Originally Posted by Salmon

Thanks for that warning. But who would you report it too?
I'm guessing that many owners assume the rules apply only to payments, as there are no DO NOT Signs up at Bidston hill that i have seen ?

My 2pence wink

Its not a joy for those of us who don't own cats, I'am sick and tired of shovelling cat shit up off my garden, and having to scrub the door way to eradicate the stench of cat pee, a total of 5 cats between the 2 next door properties, they must be cat lovers not, cats shut out all day and night.
Posted By: granny Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 3:03pm
Maybe if you put catnip plant or use the spray, they might just buggar off elsewhere.
My dad used to put down tiny pots of ammonia in our garden. One sniff , they were off like a shot and never came back.
Posted By: casper Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 4:29pm
We've tried a few things granny, thanks for the tip will give it a try, happy Christmas
Posted By: starakita Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 7:33pm
Originally Posted by sam_w
As a dog owner my biggest annoyance is people not picking up after there dogs. I always carry a poo bag even when im not with the dog just out of habit.

A while back I was walking my dog in Birkenhead park, it was raining and mid week so I had the park to myself. After 10mins I noticed a council van was following me, then another joined them so I couldn't turn a corner without them being in sight. My dog did his after about 40mins business I picked it up put it in the bin and the vans disappeared smile obviously trying to catch me out.
Those council vans are always trying to catch people out,usually pensioners who do clean up.I know a couple of pensioners who have been done but they do pick up.Was made up when they got that annoying girl in Vickie park twice,there's another thread about her on here somewhere.
Posted By: sam_w Re: Dog Fouling - 23rd Dec 2013 8:01pm
Originally Posted by starakita
Originally Posted by sam_w

Those council vans are always trying to catch people out,usually pensioners who do clean up.I know a couple of pensioners who have been done but they do pick up.Was made up when they got that annoying girl in Vickie park twice,there's another thread about her on here somewhere.

It just amused me that I was the only person in the entire park and they nothing better to do.

I kinder remember the thread about the person on vic park. I walk there quite often but I never seen her.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Dog Fouling - 24th Dec 2013 8:31am
What about the people that do pick up the poo then hang the bag in a tree, now I think that's worse than not picking it up in the first place
Posted By: dool4lit4tle Re: Dog Fouling - 24th Dec 2013 11:21am
cat's do not poo or pee on anyone's path doorsteps or pavement's, they will only ever go were there is soft ground or soil to dig a hole and cover it over, as a rule they are very clean animals, unless there locked in anywhere and have no option.
and the only time anyone will smell a cat is usually when there's a female in season, and the male spray's testotrone, which is usually in spring
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Dog Fouling - 25th Dec 2013 12:26pm
who's going to clear the reindeer crap off my roof, its the same every bloody year
Posted By: casper Re: Dog Fouling - 26th Dec 2013 9:34am
Well we must have very unusual or lazy cats by us, because the stench of tom cat pee is overpowering by our front doorway sometimes, and a few scratch marks around a cat turd doesn't equate to burying, the supposed cat lovers that own these cats stick them out day or night for other people to deal with, one constantly hangs around our back door meowing and is in the house like a shot if you leave the door open, then we have the cats chorus during the night, it really is causing resentment and annoyance,if these people cant look after them then they shouldn't have them as pets. mad
Posted By: dool4lit4tle Re: Dog Fouling - 26th Dec 2013 11:27am

I don,t know where you live but Iv'e lived in six locations in england over the years I'm 70 yrs, and apart from the mating season in spring, have never heard a cat's chorus.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Dog Fouling - 26th Dec 2013 12:08pm
I thought a 'cats chorus' was slang for the noise and howling they do when 'wooing ' the females ....lol
Posted By: casper Re: Dog Fouling - 26th Dec 2013 5:03pm
dool4lit4tle, cats don't do this or that, never heard of a cats chorus, you must be the most uninformed cat expert in the country, thank you missmahjong I thought I was hearing things. smile
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Dog Fouling - 26th Dec 2013 5:14pm
I thought the cats chorus was when they howl/growl at each other before a fight.
Posted By: dool4lit4tle Re: Dog Fouling - 28th Dec 2013 11:08am
sorry casper, I have heard of a cat's chorus, but as ZipperClub say,s it,s usually before a fight over a female, when their in season which is in spring, they very rarely fight at other times.
Posted By: dool4lit4tle Re: Dog Fouling - 28th Dec 2013 11:13am
p.s. missmahjong, say,s as much too.
Posted By: bobypam Re: Dog Fouling - 18th Apr 2014 4:19am
I walk our dogs six days a week in parks near us. Ten years ago it bad here,and now about ninety percent of people pick up now.
I always do.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Dog Fouling - 18th Apr 2014 8:18am
Good .. i wish people here would ... i would say 90% don't pick up ...really get's my 'GOAT'..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral