Forums
Posted By: Salmon Carol Singers - 2nd Dec 2013 5:55pm
Good news , Christmas is coming. We just had our first carol singers (3 teenagers) of the year knocking on the door.Going to be a long December. nono
Posted By: Uffda Re: Carol Singers - 2nd Dec 2013 6:10pm
I can sympathise, I got my first Christmas card on Saturday (30th November!). The shops will be stocking up with Valentines stuff soon.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Carol Singers - 2nd Dec 2013 9:48pm
Had thought about hiring local village hall just for Xmas day and declaring it a christmas free zone. Not sure what we would do though. Then I thought if i want to be miserable i might just join the JWs
Posted By: sam_w Re: Carol Singers - 3rd Dec 2013 12:33am
I had some knock on the 27th Nov, a swift "f**k off its November" sent them packing smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Carol Singers - 3rd Dec 2013 12:39am
baa humbug you guys
Posted By: jefff3 Re: Carol Singers - 3rd Dec 2013 12:49am
I always shout the whole family down to watch em,make em sing the full song,then pay on performance.3 quid for top marks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Carol Singers - 3rd Dec 2013 7:11am
I find a heated up penny, straight off the gas stove is more than adequate ! wink
Posted By: granny Re: Carol Singers - 3rd Dec 2013 11:25am
Not being a great fan of Christmas madness, usually everything is last minute.
Yesterday a group of us went carol singing at a residential home.
Those poor lost souls , lost in their minds, don't really have christmas anymore. Families far away, and only memories,i.e. the small bits they can remember.
So I came home and gave myself and family a kick up the backside, deciding we should be far more positive before it's far too late!
smile
Posted By: Salmon Re: Carol Singers - 3rd Dec 2013 11:41am
Visiting residential homes and carol singing is to be lauded and I don't object to the ones knocking on the door nearer to Christmas, It just seemed way too early to me.
Posted By: granny Re: Carol Singers - 3rd Dec 2013 11:48am
Yes Salmon, it is a bit too early to be knocking on doors, agreed.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Carol Singers - 3rd Dec 2013 6:19pm
What's known as a captive audience, Granny laugh

This Christmas I am going away on five day break to Coventry. It's a variation on the theme'Sent to Coventry'

Divorced people get tired of being a 'spare part' and possibly on their own on Christmas Day,
I dread it comimg around and I am a Christian.

Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Carol Singers - 3rd Dec 2013 10:02pm
Xmas is not the same its all about greed and spending beyond your means.Your lucky your getting away Paxvobiscum.I am definatetly tightening my belt this year.I noticed some of the houses has had there xmas decorations up at the beginning of November.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Carol Singers - 4th Dec 2013 12:51am
Candlyfloss...I do wish you a Merry Christmas ( your xmas ) If you don't want to overspend, don't. Don't tighten your belt too much, think of your fellow man.
Posted By: granny Re: Carol Singers - 4th Dec 2013 10:40am
Hello Sandshoes, how are you doing? Have you got carol singers out over there yet and what about the snow, does that hinder them a bit?

Whats todays temperature? Can we have a daily reading on another topic please?

Hope you enjoy Pax.....sounds a splendid idea , just wish more of us could escape. No,no,no, didn't mean that, got to be positive!
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Carol Singers - 4th Dec 2013 12:49pm
Hi Gran......for some unknown reason we don't have carolers here.
Maybe I should take a trip down memory lane and go house to house singing. Then again, maybe not!

ps...cozzy weather here today -2C. Calgary had a 2 day blizzard this week, they had to cancel a flight wink Apologies for off topic.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Carol Singers - 4th Dec 2013 4:20pm
The five day break over Christmas is dirt cheap and half the price of Shearings. It includes travel, half board plus Christmas dinner, 1.5 days out, entertainment and there is a health club and indoor swimming club.
I have cut out recently, plays, theatre visits and some meals out and the fact I don't need Christmas food can budget to go on the break.
The Company is Door2Tour which is a group of hotel owners and coach firms who between them I suppose are filling up vacancies.
Alpha Travel were offering 5day breaks, full board,trips etc for £99 leaving yesterday and next Monday.They choose the venue.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral