Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 10:38am
People Power--one of the greatest non violent forces on the face of the earth--providing you can get organised!!

My gripe here against the 12th Man is purely the fact of them having already put up their Christmas Decorations (October)!
By all means have turkey dinner and even xmas pud on the menu as a choice (all year round wouldnt bother me) but not in your face glitterati. The start of december is early enough.

Posted By: Zubee Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 11:17am
I think the 24th December is early enough tbh.
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 11:22am
I was in there too on Monday and saw them. Even my grandchildren commented that it was only October!
Posted By: uggla Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 11:36am
Its pathetic, and don't get me going on the festive section in Asda Bromborough i seen last week!
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 11:43am
what is pathetic is that your trying to get people to boycott a local buisness just because their basically advertising christmas!!get a life,there's alot more important things to worry about other than a few decorations.
Posted By: uggla Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 11:48am
Well obviously the rest of us before you don't agree and many more wont either

Yes it pathetic in my opinion we might as well start celebrating the new year also then, and its my Birthday in february so i expect the birthday messages to start in a few weeks !
Posted By: bert1 Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 11:51am
Happy Birthday Uggla.
Posted By: uggla Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 11:54am
Thanks Bert tease
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 11:55am
resturants,pubs ect rely on christmas trade so the earlier they can get bookings for christmas party's and work nights out ect the better!people need to understand what a dying trade the pub/resturant buisness is.oh and happy birthday for february!!haha
Posted By: uggla Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 12:00pm
lol thanks rofl.

I really don't think anyone actually needs reminding when its Christmas though seriously.
Posted By: puntoar Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 12:21pm
Its a sign of the times im afraid, in these days of austerity we all need a boost and asking people to boycott the pub is pitiful and wrong.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 12:37pm
clapTo Fish5133,i could'nt agree more clap
Posted By: Stingray Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 12:59pm
Christmas should be abolished period! It serves no purpose anymore. Just a capitalist rouse to empty your pockets & put people in debt. Buying & receiving rubbish presents you neither want or need just because so & so is going to buy you something you have to buy one back. Kids demanding the latest PS Xbox Station because their friends are getting one & don't want to be the only kid without one. An excuse for drinking & eating too much when people are starving in the world. A festival of greed & capitalism that's all. Oh & the baby Jesus? don't even start me!
Posted By: YinYang Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 1:23pm
Originally Posted by Stingray
Christmas should be abolished period! It serves no purpose anymore. Just a capitalist rouse to empty your pockets & put people in debt. Buying & receiving rubbish presents you neither want or need...

Am guessing you got socks again last year...
Posted By: bgbear20 Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 2:28pm
What's all this got to do with the 12th Man, by the way I got socks last year, and still going strong, ps let me the first to wish you a merry Christmas
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 5:20pm
Originally Posted by Stingray
Christmas should be abolished period! It serves no purpose anymore. Just a capitalist rouse to empty your pockets & put people in debt. Buying & receiving rubbish presents you neither want or need just because so & so is going to buy you something you have to buy one back. Kids demanding the latest PS Xbox Station because their friends are getting one & don't want to be the only kid without one. An excuse for drinking & eating too much when people are starving in the world. A festival of greed & capitalism that's all. Oh & the baby Jesus? don't even start me!
withthat
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 5:43pm
what a bunch of miserable sods doh
Posted By: Dilly Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 5:46pm
Bah humbug !!!!!
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 6:58pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
what a bunch of miserable realistic sods doh
Posted By: Stingray Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 8:53pm
Actually I neither gave or received anything & that's the way I like it!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 10:24pm
I think they should ban periods, full stop!
Posted By: Stingray Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 13th Oct 2013 11:00pm
I think they should ban full stops period
Posted By: YinYang Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 14th Oct 2013 2:10pm
Originally Posted by 19FRANK40
Shall we start selling Easter Eggs on Christmas day then?

No, you wont see that, but only because the shops aren't open Christmas Day! That said, I did go into Tesco on Boxing Day last year and they had already put the Cadbury Cream Eggs and Mini Eggs out on the ends of all the aisles! yes

Have you noticed that many shops actually take down their Christmas displays before Christmas has even started because they usually have to get the sales ready for Boxing Day (if not sooner)?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 14th Oct 2013 4:34pm
Originally Posted by pokerchamp
what is pathetic is that your trying to get people to boycott a local buisness just because their basically advertising christmas!!get a life,there's alot more important things to worry about other than a few decorations.

Not really as if you were going out for a meal you would just support another local business--anyway there was a touch of sarcasm in the post.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 16th Oct 2013 4:07pm
Well, it`s got worse, I saw a toilet roll with Xmas on it. Hands up all those who wish to complain and ban them!. These toilet roll makers should all be banned and we could go back to using the Echo paper cut up into squares and hung up with wool in the loo.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 16th Oct 2013 9:27pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Bah humbug !!!!!

yeah, ban humbugs as well wink
Posted By: chriskay Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 16th Oct 2013 10:05pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
we could go back to using the Echo paper cut up into squares and hung up with wool in the loo.

Wool??? who can afford wool? Use hairy string like the rest of us.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Christmas Decorations in October - 16th Oct 2013 10:44pm
The wool came from our cardigans which we got from the jumble sales. I just remembered, the buttons were always on the wrong side on the cardies.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral