Forums
Posted By: Moonstar Sunday In Vale Park - 21st Jul 2013 2:09pm
I am watching the golf and the window is open. On the breeze come the strains of the brass band in the park.

Without going to the park I know that the grass will be coloured light tan and there will be people lying and sitting on the grass, benches and deckchairs and in the cafe. There will be babies in prams with sunshades, wearing pretty little sunhats, whilst older children will have seemingly endless energy running up and down the banks and being their usual pesky selves whilst the adults look on ready to pick up the ones that fall over or burst into tears with tiredness.

Once upon a time that was my family and as long as we can keep the Council's hands off our little park it will be a memory of many more families in the future.
Posted By: Pablo Re: Sunday In Vale Park - 21st Jul 2013 2:16pm
Lovely words.

The reality unfortunately being dangerous dogs, chavs on the swings, marijuana on the hills and baseball caps galore.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Sunday In Vale Park - 21st Jul 2013 6:57pm
Pablo, there will always be someone/something that will try to spoil your day. The trick is to look to the good things and hope the law will rise to the occasion for the bad things.
Posted By: granny Re: Sunday In Vale Park - 24th Jan 2014 12:03pm
Let's hope it will be the same this year, can't wait and your lovely words describe it perfectly, Moonstar.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral