Forums
Posted By: alice free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 1st May 2013 3:36pm
Hello, everyone
I'm a Chinese girl and living in Morton. If you would like to learn Chinese Mandarin, I would like to teach you without any charge. However my English is not well, you should speak to me slowly. I have enough patience, so that I think I'm a good teacher. Also I hope to make new friends, if you are interested in Chinese Mandarin, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 1st May 2013 9:31pm
I wish you well Alice. I would really like to try but I doubt that I have the patience (or the time - too many commitments at the moment)

The fundamentals of the spoken language are not too difficult. The main difficulty is in learning to say a new set of tones that are alien to a Western tongue unless you start at an early age. I am 71 so it is probably a bit late now.

In contrast the written language CAN be difficult to master - so says my cousin and he has been living (teaching) in China for more than 12 years. Eventually you can cope with the modern stylised Chinese print but the handwritten versions are --- humm.

Snod

Posted By: yewgarth Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 1st May 2013 10:51pm
Just be careful who you invite around. Always have someone with you, and never leave a person on their own in a room . It's better to be safe than sorry. thumbsup

Posted By: venice Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 2nd May 2013 7:37am
Originally Posted by yewgarth
Just be careful who you invite around. Always have someone with you, and never leave a person on their own in a room . It's better to be safe than sorry. thumbsup

Sound advice Yewgarth. Good Luck Alice.What a nice offer. Might be an idea even before following Yewgarths advice, to maybe do first few meetings in the library or somewhere else quiet but 'populated'

Posted By: bert1 Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 2nd May 2013 9:03am
Originally Posted by Snodvan
I wish you well Alice. I would really like to try but I doubt that I have the patience (or the time - too many commitments at the moment)

The fundamentals of the spoken language are not too difficult. The main difficulty is in learning to say a new set of tones that are alien to a Western tongue unless you start at an early age. I am 71 so it is probably a bit late now.

In contrast the written language CAN be difficult to master - so says my cousin and he has been living (teaching) in China for more than 12 years. Eventually you can cope with the modern stylised Chinese print but the handwritten versions are --- humm.

Snod

Silly me, I'm thinking I'd rather learn the Ukulele wink
Posted By: plf12 Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 2nd May 2013 10:10am
HI Alice,

I have sent you a PM.
Posted By: alice Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 2nd May 2013 11:05am
Originally Posted by yewgarth

Thanks very much. I hope to teach someone at library. Any library will be OK, or some public area. Safe is the most important thing.
Posted By: birch_jl Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 23rd May 2013 10:23pm
Originally Posted by ramy2007
Its meant to be the hardest language To learn frown

English is the hardest to learn. You're already over the biggest hurdle!! thumbsup
Posted By: zain25 Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 13th Jul 2013 7:01pm
Hi Alice i would love to learn mandarin with you, I speak some mandarin and would like to practise it with someone. i lived in Kunshan, Jiangsu for one year and am now living in Liverpool.

Please contact me on this forum or [email protected]

Thanks
Posted By: Habdab Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 19th Jul 2013 6:55pm
Alice would you PM me please.
I tried to PM you but you've exceeded the PM limit. I need to discuss your offer with you.

If you have problems PMing me then please contact me through email.
[email protected]
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: free to learn Chinese Mandarin - 5th Sep 2013 5:52pm
So how many Wiki people have you taught Alice?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral