Forums
Posted By: granny Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 4:41pm

Her name is Margaret: cute as can be !

Her eyes are beautiful. Most babies measuring 5 ft would be considered big, but newborn
giraffe, Margaret, at Chester Zoo UK is seen as unusually small for her species. She is one of the smallest giraffes ever born at Chester Zoo, but pint-sized Margaret will soon be an animal to look up to.

Little Margaret, who is the first female Rothschild giraffe born at the zoo, is being hand-reared by her dedicated keepers. The first calf for six-year-old mum Fay, Margaret, who was born two weeks early, tipped the scales at just 34 kilos (75 lbs) and is a mere 5 ft tall.

Tim Rowland, team leader of the Giraffes section, said: 'Margaret is one of the smallest giraffe calves we have ever seen. Fay isn't the largest of giraffes and Margaret was also early, which might go some way to explaining her size. 'Margaret was having difficulty suckling, so our keeping team are now hand-rearing her.'

Attached picture ATT00013.jpg
Attached picture ATT00016.jpg
Attached picture ATT00019.jpg
Attached picture ATT00022.jpg
Attached picture ATT00025.jpg
Attached picture ATT00028.jpg
Attached picture ATT00031.jpg
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 4:56pm
Amazing!
Posted By: cathie Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 5:01pm
OMG I would love to get that close to her, she's so cute :0) 100% on the feel good factor
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 5:08pm
Originally Posted by cathie
OMG I would love to get that close to her, she's so cute :0) 100% on the feel good factor

That would be amazing wouldn't it Cathie.
Posted By: valli Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 5:44pm
Amazing pictures how cute is she.I bet the keepers love their jobs .Thanks for this lovely post made my day.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 5:53pm
Gorgeous!
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 5:53pm
OMG....how gorgeous is she !! smile
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 6:16pm
How cute is she.Thanks for sharing with us x
Posted By: steamfan Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 6:49pm
What brilliant photos, thank you!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 7:09pm
Margaret is delightful.
Posted By: flossy Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 7:29pm
what would i give to be able to do that job what aprivilege to be so close to such a wonderful creature...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 7:30pm
You've got to be an insensitive, braindead, souless, knuckle dragger not to go Awww at this beautiful animal.

Those eyes !

Thanks Granny.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 9th Feb 2013 11:48pm
Beautiful creature and I have to say she reminded me of the Timpson's shoe shop on Grange Rd back in the 70's, they used to have a big stuffed toy one in there smile Does anyone else remember it too?
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 10th Feb 2013 2:36am
Absolutely fantastic, great pics also. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: bert1 Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 10th Feb 2013 6:36am
It would be even more gorgeous if the pic was taken in the wild and not in a captive situation for mans profit and pleasure.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Her name Is Margaret... - 10th Feb 2013 6:39am
Originally Posted by bert1
It would be even more gorgeous if the pic was taken in the wild and not in a captive situation for mans profit and pleasure.

withthat

Well said bert.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral