Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Do you still have a record player? - 25th Aug 2012 3:14pm
I have a Dansette.. what's yours?
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Do you still have a record player? - 25th Aug 2012 3:47pm
had a dansette 40yrs ago, it used to hold around 8singles, and clunk when it dropped one down to play, have c.d palyer now, but still miss the vinyl's lol
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Do you still have a record player? - 30th Aug 2012 1:40pm
i have a technics one
Posted By: philmch Re: Do you still have a record player? - 30th Aug 2012 3:00pm
I have a Rega Planar turntable and still buy new LP releases on vinyl wherever possible.
Posted By: Davefabo Re: Do you still have a record player? - 30th Aug 2012 4:04pm
Ive still got my technics 'direct drive' turntable with a glanz stylus cartridge. Not used it in about 20 years but just cant let it go.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Do you still have a record player? - 30th Aug 2012 4:14pm
hang on to it may be worth something in years to come .
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Do you still have a record player? - 6th Sep 2012 5:59pm
I just sold a Technical 1210 for £260, it was manufactured in 2001. I sold a clear audio nano I used on it and got £90 for that. I needed the money. Am keeping the records though. I am gonna buy a linn sondek LP12 next year.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Do you still have a record player? - 6th Sep 2012 7:35pm
I have a Project Debut II with a JVC amp (about 30 years old) and only buy vinyl, after a brief spell of CD's
Posted By: Salmon Re: Do you still have a record player? - 6th Sep 2012 10:37pm
I bought a Dansette about 50 years ago from the Co-op, they had an offer on of 10 free records with every ecord player bought.I went along(young and naive,remember that?) with my list from the top 10 and was told "help yourself from the box over there".I had never heard Room 504 please nor the other non sellers either!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Do you still have a record player? - 7th Sep 2012 12:58am
Although I don't currently own a record player I think they have a distinctive sound of their own which deserves to be kept alive.

It would be nice to own a record player again but now with the minimalist lifestyle it's not that easy, CRT television has been replaced by 1" flat panels, stack systems have been replaced by micro or wifi systems, you don't even have wires anymore.

The one thing about the record player I like is the match on bass and treble, there has been no other system that has matched its sound quality without distortion providing the records have been looked after.

(my view).

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Do you still have a record player? - 7th Sep 2012 8:39am
I have two Soundlabs decks which one of them I will attach to a mixer then to the Technic amp which in turn is connected to the desktop - and I record my music onto the computer. All those 12 inch second hand records I bought from Skellies are now on the hard drive!
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Do you still have a record player? - 7th Sep 2012 9:35am
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
I have two Soundlabs decks which one of them I will attach to a mixer then to the Technic amp which in turn is connected to the desktop - and I record my music onto the computer. All those 12 inch second hand records I bought from Skellies are now on the hard drive!

I have most of mine on HD as well, but its just not the same as going to your shelves, thumbing through the discs until you find one you feel like playing, taking it out the sleeve and slipping it onto the deck, then sitting back and reading the cover, lyrics sheet etc.

HD is useful when you are pottering around and just stick it on random.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Do you still have a record player? - 7th Sep 2012 12:35pm
I've got a Goodmans turntable with tape decks and cd. Got a lot of LP's from the mid 60's onwards both from our own tastes e.g. the Monkees, Beatles, Elvis and our kids afterwards, Shakin' Stevens etc. It's quite an eclectical collection, even some old 45's as well. We only play them now and again though.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral