Forums
Posted By: reddragon Angels - 2nd Aug 2012 11:30am
This was sent to me unfortunately I cannot gaurantee this as true but I thought it was good to share

This is a homeless guy who lives on a bridge in Dublin City. Last week his rabbit was grabbed from him and thrown into the river below.. the River Liffey. Which is one of the most horrible rivers in Ireland. The currents are really strong a
nd it’s filthy.. Anyway, as soon as the rabbit hit the water this guy was already hurdling off the bridge and towards the freezing river to save her. After hitting the water and successfully locating her, he proceeding to pump air back into her, making her regain consciousness and basically come back to life. I was talking to him today along with another woman and she asked “Why in the name of God did you jump into the water? Did you not think about it?!” and straight away he replied with “No. I didn’t stop to think. I just jumped. It was an instinct.. I needed to save her.”
For saving the rabbit, he was given the ‘compassionate citizen award’ by the charity Aran. The guy who threw the rabbit in the river has been charged with animal cruelty.

The homeless man was also given carrots for his rabbit and dog food for his dog. They also offered him a job.

Attached picture homeless man.jpg
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Angels - 2nd Aug 2012 3:25pm
thanks for sharing..glad it turned out well for him. happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Angels - 2nd Aug 2012 4:34pm
ahh here now red, if its true well done him, if its not someone ought to be writing fairy stories, good ones like that granted
Posted By: DaveMcRave Re: Angels - 2nd Aug 2012 7:31pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14128652

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRU_lEqus5o&feature=related

this story gets me. I hate to think that theres some proper sick people out there. Im glad the rabbit was ok. it got me halfway through the video when he holds the rabbit up and checks it and gives it a massive hug.

You got to remeber this is all this fellas got in the world. and some people take what they have for granted.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Angels - 2nd Aug 2012 7:31pm
C'mon Reddragon I know your usual posts, where's the punchline??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Angels - 3rd Aug 2012 7:13pm
i watched the vid, i take it all back...long live the rabbitt
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Angels - 3rd Aug 2012 8:05pm
Am I the only one who shed a silent tear reading this and watching the video? One mans horrible cruelty versus another mans courage and compassion.Well done that man.
Posted By: Spiritdancer Re: Angels - 5th Aug 2012 6:36pm
Awww, made me shed a tear or two.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Angels - 5th Aug 2012 8:29pm
i read that, in the metro i think, and i'm not one for showing my emotion but where animals are concerned i'm a. a wimp and b. very anti animal-abuse (hence why i donate to the RSPCA out of my wages every month) but this made me feel upset, pissed off and happy at the same time. whoever threw the poor rabbit over the bridge deserves a f**king good kicking, preferably 'til dead.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral