Forums
Posted By: dave_h veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 6:25pm
read the reviews.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...reative=6738&creativeASIN=B000KKNQBK

Posted By: Sneezy Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 7:14pm
OMG...... Hahahaha smile
Posted By: dave_h Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 7:16pm
i can imagine the pain lol, i rubbed tiger balm in the groin area after pulling it, had to loosen it.. was during training, oh my that was emotional so id defo heed those warnings hahaha
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 7:28pm
Funny this ! Hahahahaha
Posted By: dave_h Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 7:30pm
Originally Posted by Sarah_ZR
Funny this ! Hahahahaha

amazon or my episode
Posted By: dave_h Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 7:31pm
wonder how they cooled it down, i had to squat over a mug of cold water and dangle my bits into it, anyways... take heed gents lol
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 7:32pm
I'm in stiches here raftl
Posted By: torryman Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 8:34pm
Childish!!!

Sanchez's street news (first 3 words) ...far funnier... (although probably accidental)...or was it?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 8:46pm
Originally Posted by torryman
Childish!!!

Sanchez's street news (first 3 words) ...far funnier... (although probably accidental)...or was it?

Looks like we have an intellectual on tonight, finds our banter 'childish!!'
Go and read the Guardian website then!
Posted By: torryman Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 8:57pm
Bit aggressive "Croc" ....can you not see the irony in my comment?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 9:05pm
Not really!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 9:23pm
I saw this link about a week ago, posted elsewhere. I found it very amusing, obvs. smile
Since the link has gone viral, I feel that the 'reviews' are somewhat faked. Still funny, though. grin
Posted By: Snodvan Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 9:31pm
Rude

At one time I worked for the company that makes this stuff.
I know what is in it
NO WAY would I put it on my sensitive bits
I can believe every bit of what was on Amazon

That said - and as stated on Amazon - it DOES work well

Snod
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: veet for men - 20th Apr 2012 10:06pm
Hey Snod, long time no speak!! Oo-er! the product smells chemically rank, would imagine its full of them?
I have seen tubes of the stuff, selling for a £1 as recent as today. I remember the sachets used to be 79p!! Must be losing popurlarity- for some reason wink
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: veet for men - 21st Apr 2012 9:10am
Reminds me of the 3 wolves t-shirt and the David Hasselhoff cd reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-Three-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A
http://www.amazon.com/Very-Best-David-Hasselhoff/dp/B00005Q8UG
Posted By: dave_h Re: veet for men - 21st Apr 2012 10:20am
hahaha great
Posted By: Anonymous Re: veet for men - 21st Apr 2012 12:33pm
i like the thought of fellas suffering a bit, is that bad? you know for all we have to go through etc . max
Posted By: Sneezy Re: veet for men - 21st Apr 2012 4:18pm
Makes you laugh though.... "11 times worse than childbirth" !!!!!
If only they knew.....sad sacks smile
Haha
Posted By: Anonymous Re: veet for men - 21st Apr 2012 4:51pm
missed that childbirth quote. huh! dont feel bad at all now i really really hope it hurt with knobs on, if you know what i mean. max
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: veet for men - 21st Apr 2012 5:43pm
I was in RAF training in 1976 and recommended one of the recruits rub Fiery Jack into his nether area when he was suffering. Didn't expect the silly bugger to go and do it. We had to put him in a cold bath to take the sting out and I got a mild rollicking from the Training Sgt, well I was Senior Man.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: veet for men - 21st Apr 2012 6:35pm
wow i was there at swinderby in 84 and that kind of thing was still going on then. i wasnt a victim until i went for a long stand at m.t at my first posting. the good old days eh? max
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: veet for men - 21st Apr 2012 6:52pm
Agree max, surprising what someone will do if you are in authority. Another one had a letter from his bank manager because he was seriously in the red, me and the other Senior Bloke told him to send a cheque and he'd be covered........he did. Could go on and on, it's one way for them to learn I suppose.
Found Swinderby a doddle by the way, Ganges was tougher.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: veet for men - 21st Apr 2012 7:48pm
not sure what ganges is? i really feel i should though, please tell. oh and i seen some one get sent for a bucket of stripey paint to supply once. of course i was an old hand then i had been in at least 6 months, so i sat back and said nothing. max
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: veet for men - 22nd Apr 2012 1:25am
HMS Ganges, Shotley, Suffolk.

Trying to spot you on The Mast Bandy wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: veet for men - 22nd Apr 2012 8:56am
That photo is just amazing!.
Posted By: rocks Re: veet for men - 22nd Apr 2012 9:09am
health and safety wouldnt allow it now!! great pic thumbsup
Posted By: gingevans Re: veet for men - 23rd Apr 2012 10:20am
Erm, has anyone read the ingredients. Aswell as all the skin scorching chemicals, the 2nd ingredient is 'urea' which if i'm not mistaken, is another word or an extract of urine...someone or something has wee'd in it. When the saying goes " I wouldn't P*ss on you if you were on fire" well, looks like someone already has if your using this stuff. haha, oooh!!, haha.
Posted By: madimoo75 Re: veet for men - 23rd Apr 2012 7:38pm
thankyou so much for posting that link, haven't laughed so much in ages. hilarious
Posted By: Snodvan Re: veet for men - 23rd Apr 2012 8:27pm
Originally Posted by gingevans
Erm, has anyone read the ingredients. Aswell as all the skin scorching chemicals, the 2nd ingredient is 'urea' which if i'm not mistaken, is another word or an extract of urine...someone or something has wee'd in it. When the saying goes " I wouldn't P*ss on you if you were on fire" well, looks like someone already has if your using this stuff. haha, oooh!!, haha.

While there is urea in urine - it is also a multi-million ton chemical produced from other sources for industrial use, mostly as fertilizer. I can assure you that all the ingredients in Veet are of the highest quality and it is made with impeccable manufacturing standards AND it is very efficient at the hair removing job . . . . . but the action on skin can be unpleasant for some people. The original material was used as a way to remove the hair from hides as part of the leather industry process. Similar sorts of chemicals (thioglycolates) are used in most hair waving preparations because they temporarily break the bonds in the hair so it can be formed into a different shape - the hair is then treated with (usually) a type of peroxide that will stop the thioglycolate action and will allow the bonds in the hair to reform in the new shape. Veet does not have that final treatment step - the hair simply breaks/ dissolves and is removed

For those not sensitive to the ingredients all this is fine. Used correctly and on the err - less sensitive parts of the anatomy as the manufaturers states then there should be no problem.

Snod
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: veet for men - 24th Apr 2012 3:36pm
wow has anyone used it ?

it would beat shaving !,

i hate shaving , but hate stubble too
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: veet for men - 24th Apr 2012 5:57pm
Sorry missed that one DD. Thought I recognised the mast as a I scrolled down. 144ft high it was, used to climb it for recreation at weekends, not a lot else to do. Wasn't part of that party though, looks like every trainee is there. I was there for 18months and I'm going to the Ganges reunion next month, got talked into it. I didn't exactly relish my time there, it was just something that had to be done as a baby sailor.

nono
© Wirral-Wikiwirral