Forums
Posted By: derekdwc ebay price query - 6th Apr 2012 12:38pm
I recently bought and received a hand scanner off it for £34 and later when I went back on the same item it was priced at a hundred £s more why?
Also bought this at a carboot for £10 which ebay has up for £999 which is far more than it's worth. clicky
Posted By: bert1 Re: ebay price query - 6th Apr 2012 1:05pm
Carboot person must have dropped a clanger, have you had a good look at your Wellington, doesn't resemble Ken Dodd by any chance?
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: ebay price query - 6th Apr 2012 1:49pm
A lot of ebay sellers who sell many of the same item, hike the price to something stupid when they run out of stock to stop people ordering whilst they wait for more stock. It saves them rewriting the listing and paying re-listing fees when it arrives. It could also be a chancer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ebay price query - 6th Apr 2012 1:50pm
he,s has priced it at 999 to deter buffoons who arent interested , this way he only receives genuine offers from interested people

he may only want £100 for the cards but priced them way over so he gets people offering him x amount instead ..

ebay has a monopoly on the market though ,but it really needs a big competitor soon as the charges and idiots using it are a pain and vastly overpriced !!
also the fact they also own paypal too doesnt help as it gives ebay a licence to print money !!
Posted By: TheDr Re: ebay price query - 6th Apr 2012 3:21pm
KevinFinity is right, a lot of sellers use free listings or have a lot of people watching their adverts, they can't say none in stock, as eBay would remove it if it was the only option in a advert, so they just jack the price up to something silly, then amend the advert when they get more in.
Posted By: helenb234 Re: ebay price query - 6th Apr 2012 3:41pm
Some people live in a dream world with regards to prices
Posted By: sunnyside Re: ebay price query - 29th Jun 2012 2:26pm
the public are paying ridiculous prices on e-bay,for items which are rubbish,and not worth bidding for,they are definitely not geeting a bargain.
call me old fashioned but i like to see what i am butying
Posted By: sunnyside Re: ebay price query - 29th Jun 2012 2:43pm
i often wonder if it is a lot cheaper buying things off e-bay i have found things just as cheap in the high street,
i think when people are bidding for item they get auction fever and forget all about the set price they had in mind , and pay way over their limit
© Wirral-Wikiwirral