Forums
Posted By: dave_g hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 28th Feb 2012 9:07pm
received a letter from hmrc demanding £6950 yesterday,not knowing where they got this from i called them today.
was told it was from when i lived with my ex in 2009 when we lived and claimed tax credits together,we stopped claiming when we split but according to them i was over payed and now owe them nearly 7 grand?got an appeal form coming out in post and will be sending them an SAR so i have as much evidence as possible!for something i was claiming for under a year its bloody rediculous!!!
Posted By: Wheels Re: hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 28th Feb 2012 9:15pm
Woah! No way, let me know what happenes
Posted By: Moonstar Re: hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 28th Feb 2012 9:20pm
That's a nasty bite on the bum! Wasn't there some stuff in the news about this at the time - they were overcharging left, right and centre. Are they just having a go at some they missed at the time? Worth researching.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 28th Feb 2012 9:34pm
Boooooooo!!!!

Posted By: geofflit Re: hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 28th Feb 2012 9:41pm
May be of interest for you
www.adviceguide.org.uk/b_overpayment_of_tax_credits.pdf
Posted By: dave_g Re: hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 28th Feb 2012 9:48pm
will probably go to c.a.b once i have all my stuff together.
Posted By: shar215 Re: hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 28th Feb 2012 10:15pm
£6950 do's seem a lot of money .seeing you where claiming less then a year .hopefully its there mistake
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 29th Feb 2012 2:43pm
Blimey dave, glad they told me I wasn't entitled to any now. Good luck mate.
Posted By: dave_g Re: hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 29th Feb 2012 8:04pm
great our country aint it!work for a living,be honest an they spring this kind of crap on you!might tell them im a muslim immigrant and see how much i get!!!
Posted By: devilwoman Re: hmrc TAX CREDITS!!! - 29th Feb 2012 8:15pm
i was told i owed 520 pounds in tax credits .i appealed because i had told them how much i had earnt that year ,they still said i owe it and it was my fault that i had estimated wrong how much i would earn in the next year.they are now claiming it back at 44 pounds per month.it took them 3 months to look into my appeal.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral