Forums
Posted By: granny Pretend to be a Travel Agent for 2012 - 18th Jan 2012 4:21pm
Now we are into 2012 and beginning to contemplate where we will take our holidays this year, pretend to be a Travel Agent and sell to us the best destination for a holiday which you have experienced.
Tell us why. Tell us if it is famiy friendly. Tell us about the entertainment, if there is any. Tell us if it's good value. Tell us what your best memory was and anything else you can think of including food.

If you think this is a rubbish topic, then don't respond.
Posted By: carole696 Re: Pretend to be a Travel Agent for 2012 - 18th Jan 2012 5:02pm
hi am merv am your travel agent for today are you ready to take off lets go then well as i travel alot over the years i would recommend kemer in antalaya its a 5 star hotel its called marti myra i have been twice with children and pensioners am 46 and my fiancee is 42 we love the place its very clean friendly and very multi cultural the hotel is like a scandinavian village it has separate bars tv rooms ampithearte and music bar the first two weeks of may its very quiet and not much on into the season and its got great entertainment yes there is a few pushy russians and germans but play there game and there fine i find the germans and russians make an effort to join in with you if your not bias it has 7 pools and right on the beach were you can stroll down the beach play volleyball or theres plenty of watersports you can be active or laze around on the hammocks but i fall of the bloomin things to much vodka i suppose but you wont be dissapointed and the co-op or first choice do this holiday not sure if thaomas do it now direct holidays might thats who we went with and got a great price the food is excellent not always warm but apparently thats how the europeans like it hope i have impressed you with my thoughts and maybe this could be my next profession all the best happy holidays merv
Posted By: Geekus Re: Pretend to be a Travel Agent for 2012 - 18th Jan 2012 5:20pm
Obviously a great place for ramblers...

Shame there wasn't a single place worthing stopping along the way... wink
Posted By: granny Re: Pretend to be a Travel Agent for 2012 - 18th Jan 2012 5:27pm
I think Merv has done well, I feel like taking off right now.

Quiet Geekus, we know you like being in space, but what's it like?
Posted By: Geekus Re: Pretend to be a Travel Agent for 2012 - 18th Jan 2012 5:30pm
Originally Posted by granny
Geekus, we know you like being in space, but what's it like?

It's okay, but rather lacking in atmosphere.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Pretend to be a Travel Agent for 2012 - 18th Jan 2012 6:56pm
Been to so many places abroad but my fav holiday was on the Norfolk broads. 2 familys sharing a huge boat. We laughed the whole time. You choose your destination and sail away stopping at different little towns in the way. Plenty of things for the kids to do on route. Loads of pubs for lunch. Once you arrive at your destination You can go ashore and visit the area have a meal in a local restaurant and listen to the bands in the local pubs. Or stay aboard have a bbq and join in the fun with all the other families moored up alongside. One worry...great british weather we were lucky as it was boiling able to go swimming and sunbath on top deck. Cost us about £1200 a week+ food but between two families was quite good. We had a fab time the kids had a ball but not everyones cup a tea.
Posted By: ThatChap Re: Pretend to be a Travel Agent for 2012 - 19th Jan 2012 7:15pm
From me I offer two places. Both very different places, but similar theme.
Option 1 - Cottage in the North of the Eden Valley, well away from the main road. Fantastic view across the river towards Cross Fell, long walks in the evening bat-watching, places to sit painting the bridge, fields full of grasshoppers to catch and place under the hat (really weird feeling!). Friendly and helpful people.
Option 2 - Cottage outside Coldstream. Holy Island nearby, well worth staying over high tide, loads of bats, and even hissing Barn Owls. Friendly and helpful people. Great roads for motorbikes.
If you want to relax, why go abroad?!? So many great places in this country!
Posted By: granny Re: Pretend to be a Travel Agent for 2012 - 20th Jan 2012 4:12pm
I love the sound of all the above. How much we yearn for escape and fresh air when we get the chance. We do hark back to our 'hunter gatherer' roots, don't you think?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral