Forums
Posted By: fruitcake Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 12:27am
My son stretches his ear, and is being told by his Academy that it must be removed during the hours of school, does anyone know why they must be removed as I think that they look worse without the stretcher in the ear.

Thanks
Posted By: Volly Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 12:37am
Probably because it looks pathetic?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 12:42am
Same with skinhead haircuts isn`t it?

I think its just to teach the pupils to look respectable, stretching ones ear does not fall into that catagory.

smile
Posted By: fruitcake Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 1:01am
I don't think I looks pathetic, They're's a limit to where I'll say it's disgusting, but I think Children should be able to have a personality, by stretching their ears or having eccentric hair cuts.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 1:10am
No, no "child" should be given that right until they are of a reasonable age to act responsebly.

The rules are there for a reason, not to be arsy.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 1:39am
By stretching the ear I assume you mean the hole in the earlobe or the lobe itself.
Absolutely ridiculous , and as a parent you should steer your child away from this behaviour.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 1:48am
Sorry got to agree with above post ase71
Them holes will never go back to normal size,I know my freind had one and she said she regreted it so much
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 1:48am
Originally Posted by ASE71
By stretching the ear I assume you mean the hole in the earlobe or the lobe itself.

Hi, welcome to the 21st century! I hope your new home is just as pleasant as your cave was.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Stretched.jpg
Posted By: woodley Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 2:05am
Originally Posted by ex0__

Hi, welcome to the 21st century! I hope your new home is just as pleasant as your cave was

That was a tad rude ex0
Posted By: Salmon Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 7:23am
They are also a magnet for peers to grab onto for fun and the consequences are horrible. Get rid of them .
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 7:27am
You don't mention your son's age, but jewellery policies differ from school to school. Most say that a pupil can wear studs in the ear only and all other items of jewellery must be removed. This has historically been for health and safety reasons, there have been many incidents in schools where damage to pupils ears has occurred from accidents involving jewellery.

I agree young people should be able to express their individuality, but as the sister of a piercer,I know that stretching cannot really return to normal size, would you let him get a tattoo?? This will be in his ear and visible forever. It can also be dangerous, my sister has stretched both her ears, and one has not settled right at all, the skin is tearing and she is a professional having done this for many years. It can happen to anyone.

Self expression at school in my opinion should be limited to hair style, perhaps colour (not bright blue or green though), and not by irreversible body modification. In this instance I am on the side of the school.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 8:02am
Ear stretching may be all right for woolly headed spear chuckers, but not for English boys!
Posted By: Snorlax Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 8:03am
There is no 'personality' involved by teenagers conforming to what other teenagers do to their ears, skin etc. Sheep.
Posted By: micsey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 8:44am
if it was my son he would get a fookin good hiding and told fookin no fookin way,whats fookin wrong with you lot!!!!! then to friggin bed with a friggin clip around the fookin ear
Posted By: Tatey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 8:48am
Originally Posted by micsey
if it was my son he would get a fookin good hiding and told fookin no fookin way,whats fookin wrong with you lot!!!!! then to friggin bed with a friggin clip around the fookin ear

You have such a wonderful command of the English language!
Posted By: micsey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 8:48am
why beat about the bush
Posted By: micsey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 8:53am
so what never mind how i spell or set it out,thats whats wrong with fookin everyone on here to quick to criticise insted of staying on topic!!!!!
Originally Posted by Tatey

Posted By: Manowar1952 Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 9:05am

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Silverback Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 9:09am
Originally Posted by fruitcake
My son stretches his ear, and is being told by his Academy that it must be removed during the hours of school, does anyone know why they must be removed as I think that they look worse without the stretcher in the ear.

Thanks
Tina Collins

The part in bold says it all, even you don't think it looks right.

You also have to think of his future employment prospects, how many employers are going to employ someone with holes in his earlobes he can carry his lunch box in!!

I was always under the impression that even if no else did mothers could always be relied upon to love their children, do him a favour, show him some motherly love and tell to get shut.

Posted By: micsey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 9:10am
if i came home with fookin washers in me ear me dad would have put the mop handle in them and yunked them out,and then fookin battered me with the mop laugh
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 9:13am
Originally Posted by ex0__

Hi, welcome to the 21st century! I hope your new home is just as pleasant as your cave was.

lol, that person looks like they belong in a cave. zulu!! lolz

Posted By: micsey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 9:14am
the things people ask about on here is mad,no wonder the fookin world is the way it is
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 9:20am
raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 9:29am
There was a lad in McDonalds in Bromborough who wore them and obviously got told to take them out. He had a big saggy ear-lobes, the holes were nearly an inch wide, he looked absolutely ridiculous.

I think you should conform to school rules, it's as simple as that. Don't get offended if they tell you take jewellery out, it makes you look as though you're more concerned with your kid's 'identity' than it does over their actual learning.
Posted By: Maisie Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 10:21am

My sentiments exactly!!!
raftl raftl
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 10:28am
if i came home with fookin washers in me ear me dad would have put the mop handle in them and yunked them out,and then fookin battered me with the mop laugh

raftl

Seriously its a daft look, re-educate your sons fashion style!!
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 10:43am
Can't you get clip on earrings that would look nearly the same.
Take them off during school and put them back on out of school
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 11:18am
does it really matter what others do to there bodies..... not really
does it affect your life ......no

people need to get over themselves and stop being so high and mighty about others. live n let live

personally i think the way some people look is unusual but it is there right as an individual to choose how they look piercings , tattoos etc

what gives you the right to criticise and make judgements you have no rights at all. People should take a good look at themselves before deciding to judge another !

ive been piercing my ears and body since i was 13, who has the right to tell me i cant ?

i dont walk down the street judging others for the way they dress and adorn themselves, why judge me ?

Far too many bigoted people for my liking
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 11:20am

Yes, a true venerator of the vernacular
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 11:26am

and people wonder why the generation of today have little or no repect. This behaviour is from years gone by and not suitable to a modern society...Violence towards your children shoould never be tolerated...
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 11:38am
Thanks
Tina Collins

Hello Sometimes children want to be admired by their friends and so follow the latest trends no matter how horrible or dangerous.

The postings by Wiki members show concern for your son. Sometimes you must act in a firm manner as their parent and stop trying to be their friend. They will thank you in later life when they realise parents only have their child's welfare in mind and love them. Tough love is sometimes called for,and it can make you unpopular, but guidance is what allows them to grow into mature adults. My dad was very strict and I hated it, but now I know it was perhaps what I needed at the time.

The school is right. It is definitely a health and safety issue, and revolting ear lobes will hinder employment chances, and might spoil the rest of his life.

Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 11:48am
To encourage a child to challenge the rules of an institution such as school for the sake of looking different is foolish and short sighted, it takes the emphasis off the reason the child goes to school in the first place, which is to to learn. Stretching your ear or having a funny hair cut does not give you personality, it is probably more likely to make you the object of ridicule and the target of mikey takers, thus distracting the child from their studies.
Posted By: micsey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 12:15pm
you need to bring back a a good hard smack and a fookin no you can not,these little fookers need to be taught lesson all of them,i dont give a fook what you fookin say
Originally Posted by jabber

and people wonder why the generation of today have little or no repect. This behaviour is from years gone by and not suitable to a modern society...Violence towards your children shoould never be tolerated...
Posted By: micsey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 12:17pm
its dead heads like you lot that make the kids the way they are,now do one,i bet you want to save world and all that crap
Posted By: micsey Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 12:23pm
before you reply save it ive got to go
Posted By: Manowar1952 Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 1:09pm
does it really matter what others do to there bodies..... not really
does it affect your life ......no

people need to get over themselves and stop being so high and mighty about others. live n let live

personally i think the way some people look is unusual but it is there right as an individual to choose how they look piercings , tattoos etc

what gives you the right to criticise and make judgements you have no rights at all. People should take a good look at themselves before deciding to judge another !

ive been piercing my ears and body since i was 13, who has the right to tell me i cant ?

i dont walk down the street judging others for the way they dress and adorn themselves, why judge me ?

Far too many bigoted people for my liking

Quite right too. Freedom of speech, choice & expression backed up with a modicum of knowledge, understanding & thought is the right of everyone when it comes to making life's decisions.

Wonder what age this 'chap' was when he got his first freedom-loving piercing and tattoo?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: little_pob Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 1:18pm

People today have no respect because they have no discipline. Punishing children publically, even if it's only verbally, seems to have become taboo.

Then you have the modern pentchant of encouraging teenagers to express themselves openly, irrespective of the rules of society. When was the last time you saw someone give up their seat on a crowded bus or train to an elder?

Children need to be taught there is a hierarchy in life otherwise they'll be blindsided when they get to employment...
Posted By: Nigel Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 3:01pm
I don't think ear stretching looks good personally.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 3:17pm
Well when the ear lobe stretching is no longer a current fashion and you are left with having to wear the stretcher for ever or have a hanging loop of skin. Will the next thing be neck strechers, added one at a time until you can never take them off because if you do your neck will break?
Posted By: insanekitty Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 3:43pm
Rules are rules and are there to be abided by - especially school children because that is where they should learn respect and manners

What next - I dont want to wear a black blazer because I only wear red?

TELL your son that he must not wear the offending item in school and when he leaves school he can do what he likes!
Posted By: rachrads Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 4:03pm
This is where everything is going wrong. How is this boy going to be employable? My brother owns an IT business and could he send someone like out to customers. It's vile. And before anyone comments I have just my 19, 17 and 13 year old what they think.... They replied 'minging' and 'chavvy' lol. I have one rules for my kids... If you can get served/pierced whatever without ID then do it. However I know they have morals and can put my life on it that they wouldn't x. They have more respect for themselves smile. School rules are there for a reason, discipline!
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 4:04pm
I have to agree with insanekitty. Yes everyone has the right to freedom of choice and they can do whatever they like to themselves in regards to piercings/holes, tatoos, hair length/hair colour etc etc but the school has rules to be followed. Most have a no jewellery policy. Take them out and put them back in when you finish school simple as smile
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 4:20pm

Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZEBRA-PRI...ar=&hash=item6d70f45fa6#ht_500wt_925
What about some plugs? Its got to be safer than leaving them out and wouldnt look out of place as opposed to leaving a gaping hole,
Come on folks she is not looking for your approval just a little advice`Its not a debate

Posted By: misssparky Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 4:40pm
Come on folks she is not looking for your approval just a little advice`Its not a debate

withthat
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 5:09pm
its dead heads like you lot that make the kids the way they are,now do one,i bet you want to save world and all that crap

well arent you just a quality member of society !
Posted By: reddragon Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 5:26pm
this week I have seen a male with this hole in his ear with what I thought was a black polo mint in it and it just didnt look right not natural but hey it's what he chose so if schools or work establishments say they not to be worn then I agree but cover the hole up with a plaster
Posted By: Wench Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 8:59pm
If the school rules state he can't have them in, then he can't have them in during school hours. End of. The rest of the time, I'd say do what you like.

I have 10 piercings and 3 tattoos, soon to be 4. I had to take some piercings out in work, not because of what other people would think, but because it was operating theatres and it was an infection risk as well as a safety risk. The chances of the visible ones coming into contact with a patient or falling into a wound were negligible but even a 0.001% risk is too much. I just put them back in at the end of my shift. Simple as.

I had to take the visible ones out in the Solicitors and for Court too. They were the rules so I abided by them.

Having the piercings and tattoos doesn't make me a bad person, or mean that I'm bad at my job - it just means I have additional bits. If you don't like them, don't have them.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 9:51pm
i have tattoos on my arms and back, years ago you think tattoos = thugs, not so much now, depends on what you have done, i also have piercings, out of view of people, my grandad had tatts my dad did, i have, my kids will no doubt, they need to have meanings though, not just a drunkin trip to blackpool,
Posted By: hoseman Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 10:27pm
Jaci....Sorry to tell you this but...YOU ARE A BAD PERSON!!
Soz, no-one else on here had the bottle to tell you so they voted me to....!! wink
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 10:33pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Soz, no-one else on here had the bottle to tell you so they voted me to....!! wink
You went round everyone asking to be volunteered, you scoundrel wink
Posted By: Wench Re: Ear Stretching - 16th Jan 2012 10:38pm

Does my arrse look like the face of concern raftl You know the truth wink You only get away with it because I love ya, you know me and know I don't give a rats what people think about me wink Let them think what they like, it gives some other poor sod a break grin
Posted By: JGL4693 Re: Ear Stretching - 17th Jan 2012 4:08pm
If I was your son, I'd be ashamed of your use of the English language.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Ear Stretching - 18th Jan 2012 10:01pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
You went round everyone asking to be volunteered, you scoundrel wink

Caught out as usual!! wink
Posted By: hoseman Re: Ear Stretching - 18th Jan 2012 10:03pm
Originally Posted by Wench

Does my arrse look like the face of concern raftl You know the truth wink You only get away with it because I love ya, you know me and know I don't give a rats what people think about me wink Let them think what they like, it gives some other poor sod a break grin

I know your not arsed baby, thats why i can get away with saying such stuff about you with my testicles intact!!!! XX
Posted By: mb2496 Re: Ear Stretching - 6th Feb 2012 10:48pm
Ear stretching may be all right for woolly headed spear chuckers, but not for English boys!

Does nobody else find this offensive? Because I certainly do. You're out of order with that totally uncalled for racist remark.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ear Stretching - 6th Feb 2012 11:13pm
I fail to see anything derogatory?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Ear Stretching - 6th Feb 2012 11:24pm
I fail to see anything derogatory?

withthat

Maybe mb2496 knows more "racist taunts" than we do Andy??
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Ear Stretching - 6th Feb 2012 11:26pm
Originally Posted by mb2496

Does nobody else find this offensive? Because I certainly do. You're out of order with that totally uncalled for racist remark.
yep your right i love all cultures and religions
its just like tattoos,or perceing dosent matter you see it everywhere.
Posted By: granny Re: Ear Stretching - 7th Feb 2012 12:06am

I agree Jabber.
All should take a good look at what happens when the body takes on a different shape. You might not imagine that it can ever happen to you, but oh yes it will! Sagging skin, everything goes south, stretched arms, and bellies, fat backsides, thick necks to name a few. How all things will look differently then. Bless!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ear Stretching - 7th Feb 2012 11:46am
There's most wrong with judging if you like something or not.

A lot of these extreme body arts are there to shock, so don't be surprised when people are shocked.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Ear Stretching - 7th Feb 2012 12:28pm
Originally Posted by mb2496

Yes mb2496.It is a racist remark.Afica and Melanesian etc Cultures had more advanced civilisations when we were half-naked and adorned with woad.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ear Stretching - 7th Feb 2012 2:33pm
Go on then, enlighten me why that is racist. I seriously can't see anything derogatory or insinuated.

I think people throwing the word racist at every chance is far more partitioning.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Ear Stretching - 7th Feb 2012 3:58pm
Go on then, enlighten me why that is racist. I seriously can't see anything derogatory or insinuated.

I think people throwing the word racist at every chance is far more partitioning.

Hi Digging deeper.Making insulting or demeaning jokes about a person's ethnic or racial background, skin color, facial features, hair type, or other race related features
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ear Stretching - 7th Feb 2012 4:28pm
I fail to see the insult or demeaning joke. The description would fit many parts of the world from Australia to Scotland - or are you thinking along different lines???
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Ear Stretching - 8th Feb 2012 11:06am
The description would fit many parts of the world from Australia to Scotland - or are you thinking along different lines???

This is my last posting as we are off topic.I only recently retired and whilst at work we had workshops on Human Rights Act, Racism,Disablement, Gay Rights issues etc so I am aware of the scope of recent legislation.

You are correct Digging Deeper that the description has a wide scope, so jokes and remarks that would hardly have raised an eyebrow are today not acceptable, and might be liable to legal proceedings .

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ear Stretching - 8th Feb 2012 12:11pm
I think you miss my point, there is absolutely nothing racist in the statement.

The same can't be said about your accusation of racism.

I'm pretty fed up of people using words like racism to frighten people when they can't put a reasonable case as to what they mean.

I've also been on numerous discrimination at work courses etc. Despite what some of the courses say, you are still allowed to call a black board just that. There is nothing racist about the word black never mind how much the scaremongers try to convince.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Ear Stretching - 8th Feb 2012 12:12pm
you know what's gonna happen don't you, i've seen it happen myself, someone is gonna ride up near him on a bike, lock a big padlock in the hoop and then ride off.

i know it happens because i've seen it happen in front of my very eyes, it was hilarious because them ear hoops look ridiculous and theo nly way to teach them a lesson is to stick a heavy duty padlock through them.

good luck getting it off.

but on a serious note, they do look pathetic, i have instant disapproval for anyone with them.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ear Stretching - 8th Feb 2012 3:51pm

I'm pretty fed up of people using words like racism to frighten people when they can't put a reasonable case as to what they mean.

I like this bit inberticular.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral