Forums
Posted By: ponytail Whisky - 22nd Dec 2011 11:17am
Anyone know where I can get Jim Bean - Black and Devils Cut?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Whisky - 22nd Dec 2011 11:35am
That would be Jim Beam. I've seen Black in Tesco.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Whisky - 22nd Dec 2011 5:50pm
Omg! Tesco, asda, morrisons but you won't find it in W H Smiths.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Whisky - 25th Dec 2011 10:16am
Originally Posted by ponytail
Anyone know where I can get Jim Bean - Black and Devils Cut?

you can get the best drink ever from the Lidl in Rock Ferry, i got a bottle last week 16.99 enjoy i am
Posted By: ponytail Re: Whisky - 29th Dec 2011 12:24pm
Settled for Red Stag by Jim Beam - lovely tasting bourbon. Not for the usual JB drinkers as it tastes more licquer. Went down well, anyway.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whisky - 21st Feb 2012 4:55pm
I think it was JB Red Stag I had at a friend's house recently. It went down VERY well indeed !!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Whisky - 21st Feb 2012 5:43pm
More of a baileys drinker myself but each to their own.

On with the kronenburgh tease
Posted By: Lightning Re: Whisky - 21st Feb 2012 5:45pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
More of a baileys drinker myself but each to their own.

On with the kronenburgh tease
The bottles of kronenburgh are too small.
love martel Brandy laugh
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Whisky - 21st Feb 2012 9:37pm
laphroig quarter cask is my tipple of choice cool

mmmmmm
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 4:29am
As Ste says, each to their own, but I've never understood how people can drink Whisky and the like. Some of the circles I move in nowadays, it's almost an expectation of you to appreciate a fine whisky; but I just can't take to it, makes me want to throw up even thinking about it.

Funnily enough, I drank a few bottles of it as a kid (15 or so) and it wasn't very nice then, but just seems so awful nowadays.

I guess it's a bit like hot and spicy foods, I hate them too in general, but for some people, the hotter, the better. My dad and grandad (and uncles etc) can all appreciate (and will happily pay through the nose) for a fine whisky, maybe I'm the missing link between whisky loves and whisky haters lol.

The worst drink ever (aside from the tequila and chilli shots, both of which have bad experiences attached to em lol) has to be bombay sapphire gin; I swear that stuff is paint stripper!!

grin
Posted By: Tatey Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 8:59am
Originally Posted by jabber
laphroig quarter cask is my tipple of choice cool

mmmmmm

Just finished off my bottle last night. Have to visit Asda for another very soon. Wonderful stuff!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 9:36am
asda do it cheaper than anywhere else ive seen it, think its £24 a bottle

i get about a year out of a bottle so its quite a cheap tipple
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 9:38am
I tyred this jim beam fella years ago !

Will never drink it again lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 9:39am
Originally Posted by Sarah_ZR
I tyred this jim beam fella years ago !

Ooo ay, too much information Saz!!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 9:40am
wink
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 11:17am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
The worst drink ever (aside from the tequila and chilli shots, both of which have bad experiences attached to em lol) has to be bombay sapphire gin; I swear that stuff is paint stripper!!

Bombay Sapphire is actually the tears of God, collected by Mother Teresa and then bottled by Alexander Fleming
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 11:18am
Originally Posted by polo_phil
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Bombay Sapphire is actually the tears of God, collected by Mother Teresa and then bottled by Alexander Fleming

withthat

Good knowledge phil
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 11:26am
Thanks mate... I like to share my knowledge wink
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 1:16pm
I've got a miniature bottle of Welsh Whiskey, saving it to have a tot on my 70th later this year. Was given it by the actual distillers at a function. I like Scotch, various types, but not an expert. Last time I really hit it, a single malt, I demolished the garden fence when I fell against it, not very clever.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 3:24pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
I've got a miniature bottle of Welsh Whiskey, saving it to have a tot on my 70th later this year. Was given it by the actual distillers at a function. I like Scotch, various types, but not an expert. Last time I really hit it, a single malt, I demolished the garden fence when I fell against it, not very clever.

raftl shouldn't be any other way Bandy
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Whisky - 7th Mar 2012 3:31pm
That's not what I thought you meant Bandy when you told me you usually sit on the fence... wink
Posted By: atw1960 Re: Whisky - 9th Jun 2012 10:15pm
Just finishing off a bottle of Laphroig (or Leapfrog to us addicts) Quarter Cask - just like an angel's tears dripping on my tongue - so why do I spoil it by munching Asda's Cheese & Onion crisps with it ?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Whisky - 10th Jun 2012 2:32pm
Was presented with a quarter bottle of Pussers 42% Nelson's Blood yesterday. Looking forward to knocking that one back, not whiskey but very moorish.
Posted By: Lightning Re: Whisky - 10th Jun 2012 2:49pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Was presented with a quarter bottle of Pussers 42% Nelson's Blood yesterday. Looking forward to knocking that one back, not whiskey but very moorish.
whats the vol in that then Bandy ??? will it blow the head of one or strip the paint off the doors smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Whisky - 10th Jun 2012 3:01pm
omg 42% Stay away from fences, Bandy. Lol
Posted By: Lightning Re: Whisky - 10th Jun 2012 3:04pm
enjoy anyway bandi, when you have drank it you wont be able to sit on a fence wink
i still ask you what is the vol ???
Posted By: chriskay Re: Whisky - 10th Jun 2012 4:02pm
Originally Posted by Lightning

He told you in the first post: 42%.
Posted By: Lightning Re: Whisky - 10th Jun 2012 4:31pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Originally Posted by Lightning

He told you in the first post: 42%.
oh okay just seen it now sorry about that x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral