Forums
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 25th Nov 2009 10:37am
I have ordered the ring for my girlfriend which comes on the 3rd but im trying to think of something special and a place to propose.

I have been in contact with the Vue in Birkenhead and they said they can higher the lights and make an announcement but if you have any other ideas please let me know.
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 25th Nov 2009 1:19pm
Oh noes, don't do it in the Vue cinema! Grotty! Ermm.. i'm not too god with this kinda thing but good luck with it and i hope it's a yes hon laugh x
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 25th Nov 2009 2:27pm
Could always do the cheesey, OTT method he tried in Spiderman 3 tease

Go for a meal, ask for a glass of champagne, but have the ring planted in her glass for her to see just as she reeives it.

Only problem with that though, is if she goes full throttle into drinking the champagne, and ends up swallowing the ring as well raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 25th Nov 2009 3:28pm
Write it in pebbles on the beach+ go for a romantic stroll...
Posted By: bert1 Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 25th Nov 2009 4:39pm
Do it in the divorce courts, kill two birds with one stone. laffin
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 26th Nov 2009 1:19pm
Well the ring tht i orderd came today for her, im so happy with it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 26th Nov 2009 1:25pm
Have you had any more ideas?
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 26th Nov 2009 1:42pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Have you had any more ideas?

No i was lieing in bed last night thinking off all ideas but no luck.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 27th Nov 2009 2:05pm
Might be worth googling for a few ideas? Womens mags are full of such stories but strangley, cant recall any. Sure theres loads online. Nice ring btw.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 27th Nov 2009 2:12pm
put it on a banner and tie it to somewhere were she will see it
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 27th Nov 2009 2:45pm
t.cs missus here why not do a treasure hunt with clues the last clue will lead to the ring then pop the question
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 28th Nov 2009 4:14pm
Found this website - 50 Ways To Propose
http://www.mykindaliving.com/celebrating/weddings/romantic-ways.shtml
might be helpful but whatever you do, avoid no. 50!! lol. The ring is lovely smile

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 28th Nov 2009 4:22pm
Yer. Good find.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 28th Nov 2009 5:46pm
Just give your girlfriend the ring, go the chippy? smile
Posted By: Stegga Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 28th Nov 2009 6:25pm
Try a moonlit ride on the big wheel at Liverpool 1, it'd be something she'd remember, and when she tells her mate about it they'll think your a boss boyfriend.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 28th Nov 2009 9:12pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1

trust you joe raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 28th Nov 2009 9:23pm
I think steggas idea is romantic+ nice.
Posted By: dave_g Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 29th Nov 2009 1:50am
run?
Posted By: Wench Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 29th Nov 2009 2:05pm
Depends whether you want her to remember it for being romantic, unusual or funny.

My ex Hubby proposed wearing a tie with giraffes on it and nothing else - I was crying with laughter and it still makes me smile.

I like the suggestion of the treasure hunt. Failing that, maybe hang it with a note from the top of the Xmas tree or put it in loads of boxes that go down in size as she opens each one - with the last 5 having an individual note on the top saying "will, you, marry, me, ?" with the ring in the box with the "?" on it if that makes sense.

Posted By: PLUSONE Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 29th Nov 2009 3:08pm
I do hope were gonna get the follow-up story.
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 29th Nov 2009 4:33pm
Me too, we need the details laugh
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 1st Dec 2009 3:36pm
Originally Posted by summer01
It depends what sort of girl she is some lie different things.

You are so right summer.

yes
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 1st Dec 2009 3:49pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
It depends what sort of girl she is some lie different things.

You are so right summer.

yes

I dunno Bandy, sometimes I like things to be all the same. But then I do have OCD... think
Posted By: kimpri Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 1st Dec 2009 4:00pm
Is that how you popped the question lol?

No summer01, I just gave her some ££££, whats this for she said? our engagement ring, go and pick your own,
ThThat'she way i popped the question smile ,
ps, And she had to put money towards the ring she wanted wink
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 1st Dec 2009 4:11pm
Wot u like? Pmsl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 1st Dec 2009 4:24pm
Smooth, kimpri, smoooooth raftl
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 1st Dec 2009 5:35pm
No summer01, I just gave her some ££££, whats this for she said? our engagement ring, go and pick your own,

What a guy! Good idea grin
Posted By: kimpri Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 1st Dec 2009 6:41pm
And he is not jokein? but thats joe all over,
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 1st Dec 2009 7:57pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe

What a guy! Good idea grin
JOE you old romantic! raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 2nd Dec 2009 9:53am
try contacting blue planet... they have a board for happy birthdays int he tank so they cud alter it to suit!

x chiccy x
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 2nd Dec 2009 10:22am
Could try takin here shopping in the morning, mention you fancy going for a meal that night.

When she says "I Have nothing to wear" get down on one knee and say wear this DUN DUN DURRRRRR!!!

Or go somewhere posh, The Manor in Greasby? some other places but depends what she likes?

Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 2nd Dec 2009 12:22pm
On a Mersey ferry at night, if the answer is no I'm sure you can say a gust of wind blew her overboard. There would be a nice view from the ferry at night too.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 2nd Dec 2009 12:24pm
LOL at the Overboard...
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Getting engaged soon, any ideas? - 2nd Dec 2009 2:33pm
what about nice meal xmas one and put the ring in the cracker and 2 of you pull the cracker and crack the question best time as any
Or you could stick the ring in the stuffing in the turkey grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral