Forums
Posted By: MissGuided James May's Lego house knocked down - 22nd Sep 2009 9:06pm
A Lego house built for Top Gear's James May has been knocked down after a deal to sell it fell through.

[Linked Image]

Workmen started breaking down the structure which consisted of 3.3 million Lego bricks after no-one showed any interest in taking on the building.

Plans for Legoland to move it to their theme park fell through because transport costs were too high and despite a final Facebook appeal for someone to take it, no-one came forward.

The plastic bricks are to be donated to charity once the house on the Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking, Surrey, has been demolished.

A spokesman for the estate said that the house had to be dismantled - because it did not have planning permission.

"We expect that the house will have been completely taken apart by the end of the week and after that, the bricks are going to be donated to charity," he said.

"It was never intended to be a permanent fixture on the site as it was a temporary structure that didn't have planning permission.

"We were always happy to have it there for as long as was wanted."

A move to Legoland in Windsor, Berks., fell through when staff realised it would have cost £50,000 pounds to dismantle it and reassemble it.

A spokesman for the BBC said that no-one came forward with a last minute offer to take the building - despite a Facebook appeal.

James May was not available for comment today because he was filming in Romania.

Daily Telegraph
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 22nd Sep 2009 9:12pm
such a waste. i bet having a lego house would be a kids utopia.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 22nd Sep 2009 9:57pm
What a shame. I was looking forward to a lego(ver).
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 22nd Sep 2009 10:55pm
Dìsmantle and rebuild. Whats the point in that?-not james may house then is it?
Stupid pointless. Whats the s.p here? Why auction the bricks? Be a bit like buying lady ga-ga's muff wig! So wot? Who cares?
Why build it with no planning permission-why?
I dont get this, evidently.
Who owns the rights to 'lego arcitectural designs?
I got too much to question YET little desìre to give a shit.
Im reading my book now-tara x
Posted By: bert1 Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 23rd Sep 2009 4:18am
Another piece of excellent lego advertising. If the truth be known probably everything has gone exactly to plan.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 23rd Sep 2009 6:12am
where can i buy lady gaga's muff wig
Posted By: MissGuided Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 23rd Sep 2009 8:22am
Originally Posted by phalinmegob
where can i buy lady gaga's muff wig
Give it time, they'll be selling copies in Birkenhead Market.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 23rd Sep 2009 8:42am
They'll probably be made from genuine pubes too raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 23rd Sep 2009 9:32am
Originally Posted by Beaker
They'll probably be made from genuine pubes too raftl
Is there a beauty salon in the market that does waxing? think All they'd need is a day's worth of 'full wax' and some sellotape...
Posted By: bert1 Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 23rd Sep 2009 9:41am
I've often wondered why pubes are like little watch springs
Posted By: Wheels Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 23rd Sep 2009 10:27am
Originally Posted by bert1

raftl
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 25th Sep 2009 3:10pm

I think they might have been used as such in some of the hooky watches I've bought over the years. My Rolex only worked for a fortnight, may take the back off and have a look see. I've never seen ginger ones, watch springs that is.
Posted By: bert1 Re: James May's Lego house knocked down - 25th Sep 2009 4:13pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot

I think they might have been used as such in some of the hooky watches I've bought over the years. My Rolex only worked for a fortnight, may take the back off and have a look see. I've never seen ginger ones, watch springs that is.

Maybe the little beetle's died.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral