Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot I Wish this would catch on a bit. - 10th Aug 2009 11:56am
On his first morning as Mayor of Doncaster in South Yorkshire, Peter Davies cut his salary from 73K to 30K then closed the councils newspaper for "peddling politics on the rates".
Now, three weeks into his job, Mr Davies is pressing ahead with plans he hopes will see the number of town councillors cut from 63 to 21, saving taxpayers 800K. mrs Davies said, "If 100 senators can run the USA I can't see how 63 councillors are needed to run Doncaster."
He has withdraw Doncaster from the LGA and the Local Government Information Unit, saving another 200K. Mr Davies said, "They are just talking shops. Doncaster is in for some serious untwinning. We are twinned with probably 9 other cities around the world and they are just for people to fly off and have a binge at the council's expense."
The mayor's chauffeur-driven car has also been axed by Mr Davies and the driver given another job.
Mr Davies, born and bred in Doncaster, swept to power in the May election with 24,244 votes as a candidate for the English Democrats, a part that wants tight immigration curbs, an English Parliament and a law forcing every public building to fly the flag of St George.
he has promised to end council funding for Doncaster's International Womens' Day, Black History Month and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month.
He said, "Politicians have got completely out of touch with what people want. We need to cut costs. i want to pass on some savings I make in the reduced taxes and use the rest for things we really need, like improved childrens' services."
This bloke seems to have his finger on the pulse I think.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: I Wish this would catch on a bit. - 10th Aug 2009 11:58am
I hereby promise to proof read my postings before submitting them. Too many schoolboy howlers in that one but you'll get the idea.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I Wish this would catch on a bit. - 10th Aug 2009 12:13pm
It was only when I got half way through that I realised this was NOT in the joke section and that its actually serious!

Wow!
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: I Wish this would catch on a bit. - 10th Aug 2009 4:23pm
nearest we have to someone like that is frank field so hope he can do something about stupid spy car
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I Wish this would catch on a bit. - 10th Aug 2009 6:45pm
Wirral Council often save money by allowing listed buildings to be burnt then raised to the ground.

Wirral Council have that down to a tee.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral