Forums
Posted By: ponytail items for sale - 15th May 2009 9:24am
I have a lot of clothes that are nearly new (and some with the labels still on) - does anyone know any dress agencies on the Wirral who would sell clothes and take a cut of the price? I did think about charity shops and have clothes that I would like to sell and put the money towards household goods, bills, holidays, etc. I also have lamps, blinds, couple of chairs, lots of books and all in good condition. Since moving house, I have not room to move!! Any ideas?
Posted By: Peachy Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 10:31am
Flog it on ebay, thats what i did, as i had so many clothes that i bought and just never wore or only worn once. I still have loads of clothes.

I got a fair bit aswel.

If you sell your item for £0.99 its free to put it up, and then put about £3.00 on the P&P.

Unless you sell it all in one big go.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 10:33am
There is a shop in Oxton village I think that buys clothes
Posted By: Wench Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 10:37am
Try www.bigwardrobe.com too. That way you can do it all from the comfort of your own home and it's FREE to list, free to use and you don't have to give a cut to the site, unlike Fleabay laugh

Books you say think Books are my "shoes" raftl PM me with details and also the blinds - need a couple for here smile
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 11:19am
isnt there a for sale section for this type of stuff
Posted By: Wench Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 11:36am
Yes, but technically the original post was for ideas of where to sell such things. You are right though DM - it may eventually need moving think
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 11:42am
Carboot sale
Posted By: ponytail Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 12:33pm
Thanks for all the info. I may check up on the shop in Oxton or do a carboot sale. Until I know my way around ebay and setting accounts for payments, I will stay away from this. cheers.
My topic was put into this forum as I needed advice, it probably needs to be moved somewhere.
Posted By: Wench Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 12:35pm
Gloria - you don't need any of that ebay messing with bigwardrobe. At least that way you can set your own price AND not have to lose any money, plus you won't need to stand in the cold and wet at 6am either raftl

Posted By: Anonymous Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 2:53pm
I will have another look at bigwardrobe website. I assume you have used this - was there any problems with transactions. Did you wait until you received money then post out the items? Did you need to setup a paypal account and how safe is this? Can you close down paypal account anytime? Would welcome any advice on this. Dubious about internet payments.
Posted By: ponytail Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 2:54pm
Woops - thats me above. Silly me forgot to login!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 3:38pm
Originally Posted by Peachy_Pud
Flog it on ebay, thats what i did, as i had so many clothes that i bought

you still have shit loads bill
Posted By: Wench Re: items for sale - 15th May 2009 3:56pm
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I will have another look at bigwardrobe website. I assume you have used this - was there any problems with transactions. Did you wait until you received money then post out the items? Did you need to setup a paypal account and how safe is this? Can you close down paypal account anytime? Would welcome any advice on this. Dubious about internet payments.

I've had no problems with bigwardrobe at all. You can opt to have payments sent by cheque and then post the items when the cheque clears. I have a paypal account and I find it safe, the only downside is that you have to pay them to withdraw your money. You can close it at any time whatsoever though.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral