Forums
Posted By: Waddi Drugs and Prostituttion - 26th Sep 2008 11:20pm
What do you all think to this;

Legalise Some Drugs and prostitution.

By Legalising drugs, the dose and ingredients would be controlled, making it safer for users. If they are available to buy at your local shop in a prepared form, i.e a packet of spliffs, this would put the back street dealer out of business. If the dealers go, so will the pushers that stand outside the school gates getting 14year olds addicted.

Now Prostitution, Legal brothels would deal with the pimps, obviously the pimps would just run the brothels, but they would have legislation that they would have to stick to. Prostitutes would have to have health certificates, making it safer for the punter. A legal prostistion system would help keep the kids out of the business.

now heres the good part, Tax the hell out of them and use this extra tax income to reduce the tax on Petrol/diesel and to subsidise home fuel funding.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 26th Sep 2008 11:29pm
while your at it, legalise rape too, ugly blokes will vote in their thousands for you! Legislation? the scummy barstard involved in dealing etc wouldnt take notice anyway, they would either sell it cheaper or just "hey kids, weed is so last season, try this crystal meth!" nice idea waddi but too many gobsh!tes about for it to work! happy
Posted By: hoseman Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 7:21am
WADDI, when you say "£2 a litre" i hope you mean Jack Daniels and NOT fuel!!!! Otherwise i would have to make you Prime minister and have a "little" word wih you about our present economic position in the EU!!! (fook that...Cheap booze n fuel!)
raftl
Posted By: Shambo Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 10:50am
Waddi, I am intrigued by your liberal thinking and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 11:47am
Let's just legalise all forms of lawlessness - it will bring about the end of the world quicker - and I can't wait smile
Posted By: Wench Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 2:07pm
Prostitution is legal anyway really. Every weekend girls go out, expect men to pay for their drinks all night, take them for a meal then sleep with them - it's not all that different when you think about it.
Posted By: Shambo Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 2:55pm
Am I right in thinking it's illegal for a man to pay a woman for sex, and illegal for a woman to solicit money from a man for sex?

It IS the worlds oldest profession, like it or not.

The 'war on drugs' in Britain, started in the 1920's with The Passage Of Dangerous Drugs act. Before then, well.. if it was good enough for Queen Victoria then it's good enough for me.

More laws = more criminals = more police = bigger prisons = higher taxes.

Just legislate the everything and tax it. It seems so simple to me.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 8:24pm
prostitution is NOT illegal - running a brothel IS illegal

"Prostitution - exchanging participation in sexual activities for money or other goods - has always been legal in the UK. It's actually arguably more acceptable to charge for your sexual skills than your cooking or brewing skills - you need a certificate or licence for the latter two!

However, many of the activities that prostitution often involve are illegal."

See http://www.sw5.info/law.htm for proper information.

Legalisation or brothels along the lines of the New Zealand model (http://philobiblon.co.uk/?p=2505) would almost certainly remove street prostitution and give considerable safety to the ladies who work in the business.

Snod

Posted By: dave_g Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 8:42pm
anyone fancy a 5p shag? lol
Posted By: Wench Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 8:49pm
i didn't mean it was LEGAL legal raftl just that the basic acts are the same - exchange of money and/or goods for sexual acts. I should know, I used to do it - but not the way you may be thinking raftl Sex Chat Lines. In effect, it was sexual services in exchange for money - it was just via a third party (my boss).

It should be legal anyway! If men want to pay for it and women want to exploit them then go for it I say!! It just needs regulating and the girls need looking after properly!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 9:03pm
Originally Posted by dave_g

Ooh! A man with money!
raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 9:24pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Originally Posted by dave_g

Ooh! A man with money!
raftl

handbag fight you for him raftl

Do you think he has a dicky heart, a crap solicitor and no relatives?? Perfect man if he has!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 10:19pm
Get your name in the will first!
Posted By: Wench Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 27th Sep 2008 10:24pm
Oh I will do raftl I work with a very good Wills and Probate Solicitor thumbsup
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Drugs and Prostituttion - 25th Aug 2009 12:24pm
I don't think I'd like living next door to a legal bag shanty. Used to live over the road from one in Johore Bharu. It's ok when you're younger and can take the busy scene in your stride. Apart from that the road was very wide so they weren't too much in our face but UK? I don't think so.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral