Forums
Posted By: GaryB The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 8:49am
I've come across some old vids on youtube of the old Pleasure Drome in Bikenhead.
I was to young to go at the time, but alot of my older mates went and got absolutely fooked up. I guess it's through them I found my own love in electronic music.
Unfortunately now though the Drome has long since been shut down and alot of my old childhood friends are now in a bad way (1 or 2 have ended up taking too much and have been in and out of clatterbridge).
I think its fair for those who care to pay some respect to the legend that was The Pleasure Drome.

[youtube]gGSx2IGp5u4[/youtube]

[youtube]bbozyBwulkQ[/youtube]

[youtube]6lT9onSIAIs[/youtube]

http://www.thedrome.fusiveweb.co.uk/

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 9:47am
Ive heard of this a few time's in the past... but havent got a clue where the hell it was.

Do you know matey??

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 10:29am
it was behind the rileys, well near there, was a class place, always a good rumble there smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 10:36am
hey, vid 2 that dj is class, look how good you had to be back then when there was no decent mixin equiptment
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 10:39am
Originally Posted by sanchez
it was behind the rileys, well near there, was a class place, always a good rumble there smile

Cheers matey smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 10:40am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by sanchez

Cheers matey smile

more than welcome my young padwan
Posted By: SoundLad Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 10:58am
The Drome used to be where the car park is know... It was demolished sometime in 2000 i think or earlier i was too young to go to the Drome but had a few cassettes from friends who where naughty and went.. There was also another Club which some of you might remember. It was called The Basement which was situated behind hamilton square station..

The Drome Location

The Basement Location
Posted By: Wheels Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 11:07am
funny i watched them vids a few month's ago. My brothers use to go all the time. I remember carl cox playing and my brothers had tape's that i use to nick and play to my friends. They all laughed at me cos at that time (1993) they all listened to meat loaf and brian adams lol. But i stuck by my choice of music and then they all began to like it once they saw the bigger boy's were playing it smile

It also influenced my brother to be a dj and he played in few places. He has a vid of him doing a mix in the summer in birkenhead park. I'd love to see it again and youtube it for everyone. I'll have to get onto him about it.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 6:32pm
totally forgot this place, it was just round the corner from orleans on the way to spammy square yes/know
Posted By: philmch Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 7:00pm
It was called The Hamilton Club in the late 70s - early 80s.

Motorhead and Slade played there. Lots of other bands too. Think The Jam did it once. Got the flyer somewhere.

The place was demolished years ago. It had a bad reputation for drug dealing.
Posted By: Wheels Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 7:04pm
http://www.thedrome.fusiveweb.co.uk/
Posted By: placidmaster Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 7:36pm
demolitished when? i left 13 years ago
Posted By: chiccy Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 7:56pm
gooooooooooooooood many a fab sat night spent there!!!!!!

WOOW!!! memories!!!
Posted By: placidmaster Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 8:02pm
whats there now??
Posted By: MrPhil Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 8:21pm
6yrs ago it was demolished, they did play one last night their (don't know the dates)

it was on Hinson Street, go past Hsbc on Hamilton Street then turn right at the courts it was just on the left.

Will take a few pics tomorrow to jog Memories....
Posted By: hoseman Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 8:26pm
Car park mate, probably a few dead soles underneath there! It was only famous ( infamous? ) for the drugs!! I prefered Atmospheres at the back of M53 Fords!
Posted By: chiccy Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 8:31pm
omg atmos!!!!!!!! i lived in there before it closed down too yaaaaaaayy!!!
Posted By: placidmaster Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 9:07pm
dont know atmos but remember the drome and a pub called stairways, did that ever fall down
Posted By: philmch Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 10:20pm
Stairways is still there Placidmaster. Don't know whether it's open though. A young lad died there a year or two back. I used to go there around '84 -'85.

It started out around late 1979 as a rock club called The Gallery. It was owned by a bloke called John Reid who was in Ellesmere Port band Strife:
http://www.butterworth01.f2s.com/

JR also owned the Headwaiter off-licences. You might remember there was one just around the corner on Argyle St, next to the chemists.

The only thing of note about The Gallery is that Iron Maiden once played there in their very early days. I was in a band with a lad who was there.
Posted By: Waddi Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 10:46pm
MC Cyanide "I've got a sawn off shot gun"

Went to a few a club kinetic event there. I think it may have been new year 1996 (I was circa 14, oops) Vibes and Livelee, DJ Trix, Stu Allen, Mc hurricane, MC cyanide.

What about the Zoo club.
Posted By: Waddi Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 10:48pm
It was just by Rockys gym. used to buy the tapes from Seeds records on Market street. oh the memories
Posted By: SoundLad Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 11:08pm
The radio present and DJ Stu Allan used to play at the drome hehe... Remember his Key 103 show ???

Quote from the show "Stuuuuuuu!!! allan" all over the frigging mixes he does.. Arghhh!!!!!!
Posted By: Waddi Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 9th Mar 2008 11:19pm
Stu allan in the mix, in the mix, in the miiiiiiiiiixxxxxxx
Posted By: Shambo Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 2:00am
RIP DJ Philly frown

22nd Aug 1970 - 3rd June 2008
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 3:08am
I know of this club but was to young to go and i alsor remeber it bein ripped down i only know of this club due to the reputation it had of bein a good drugs haunt and a few of my mates used to go aswell doh
Posted By: chiccy Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 9:41am
Originally Posted by Shambo
RIP DJ Philly frown

22nd Aug 1970 - 3rd June 2008

heard about that on dave grahan the other week sad frown

Posted By: Sanchez Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 10:05am
woa, wha did he die of
Posted By: Shambo Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 11:41am
http://www.nfsuk.org.uk/

Very rare and very sudden. frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 8:03pm
memories when i was a lad raftl
Posted By: Lauraxxx Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 8:22pm
does anyone remember the Zoo, that was in birkenhead an my mum used to go all tha time, £10 to get in an you got all your drinks free all night!!
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 8:23pm
I remember the Zoo.. but not from going there.. obv lol.. i remember going over the flyover and seeing it.. it's Hex now isnt it ?
Posted By: Lauraxxx Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 8:24pm
yeh my mum met my stepdad there!!! should have left him there too
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 8:26pm
raftl didnt it used to be a strippers bar too ?
Posted By: Lauraxxx Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 8:31pm
dont think so no shifty i know there still is one down there thou
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 10:22pm
i remember that, it was class, had an upstairs to it too
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 17th Jul 2008 11:21pm
Originally Posted by WADDI
It was just by Rockys gym. used to buy the tapes from Seeds records on Market street. oh the memories

seeds are now based in oxton... cant remember wot road they r on tho
Posted By: Waddi Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 18th Jul 2008 11:04am
Last time I Saw Seeds it was opposite Maccies on Oxton road.

and I remember the Zoo being a lap dancing club known as KISS, it was also known as Harveys before this. and Kaos rings a bell aswell
Posted By: Shambo Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 18th Jul 2008 4:23pm
Is this Zoo in question a place that used to be called 'Atmosphere'.... in a Russ Abbott sytlee?
Posted By: jonah Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 25th Jul 2008 3:20am
Originally Posted by SoundLad
The radio present and DJ Stu Allan used to play at the drome hehe... Remember his Key 103 show ???

Quote from the show "Stuuuuuuu!!! allan" all over the frigging mixes he does.. Arghhh!!!!!!

it was called "move" i have still got cassettes with the show on i taped... old skool rules... clock- holdin on, capella-u got to know, etc etc.....
Posted By: Wench Re: The Pleasure Drome - Birkenhead - 11th Aug 2008 7:20pm
I had my 18th in the Pleasuredrome lol Still got a pic of Dave Graham somewhere (he was the DJ) I feel really old now! I remember going to see Chubby Brown there a few years later - he "insulted" me in his routine but I gave as good as I got lol, he bought me a drink after the show to say no hard feelings.

I also used to go to the Basement - had many a weekend wasted in there.

Then I found Stairways and my life was complete and I've not looked back since - well that's a lie as I had a pretty bad do in there that put me in a bloody wheelchair for a while. Ahhhh the memories lol. I worked there for about a year too. Now I spend my time either in the Arm or the Cali.
Posted By: Anonymous The Drome Birkenhead 1992-93-97 - 9th Dec 2009 7:10pm
YERRRRRRRR partyThe Drome Birkenhead,from 92 93 when i started to go lol!!! laugh dont know if this has been posted, i av looked can't find anythink. smile

[youtube]gGSx2IGp5u4[/youtube]

[youtube]koV9XRe9BFU[/youtube]

[youtube]bbozyBwulkQ[/youtube]

[youtube]6lT9onSIAIs[/youtube]

Did you spot ye self.. raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Drome Birkenhead 1992-93-97 - 9th Dec 2009 10:29pm
This thread may interest you Jase mate.

laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Drome Birkenhead 1992-93-97 - 9th Dec 2009 11:03pm
lmfao!!! i did not look hard enough then did i. raftl

nice one bud. lol laugh can a mod throw this in the bin please. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Drome Birkenhead 1992-93-97 - 9th Dec 2009 11:06pm
and i posted in it lol!! I can be think sometimes, well all the time. raftl
Posted By: Doctor_Frick Re: The Drome Birkenhead 1992-93-97 - 11th Dec 2009 6:35pm
Quality ! smile
Posted By: chiccy Re: The Drome Birkenhead 1992-93-97 - 12th Dec 2009 12:34am
LOVE IT!! hehe i started goin about 94
© Wirral-Wikiwirral