Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Where's your name from? - 3rd Apr 2007 6:26pm
Bit of boring information here about how I got my name.

I was named after a my Great Uncle (My grandad's brother) who was named Joseph Wilding.

[Linked Image]

He died from head injuries after a sheet or girder, probably of steel hit him or fell on his head whilst working in Cammell Lairds.

My Middle name derrives from my Great Uncle (My nan's brother) who was called Daniel.

Just wondering if any of you were named after members of your family or have any interesting stories of how you got your name?
Posted By: Mark Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Apr 2007 5:47pm
I was named after my Grand Father, as there has always been
a "Mark" in the Family for how long who knows.

Sorry nothing too exciting, not named after any
warriors or famous people.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Apr 2007 5:59pm
Dunno where my name is from, but i know im god gift (in Hebrew) lmao!
Posted By: spinking Re: Where's your name from? - 11th Apr 2007 10:54pm
I was named after my great grandfather (antonio) he was a legend in Italy so i am told killed alot of Germans before he was killed for doing this.

Loved his country bit like me.

He didnt agree with the war back in the day and as his mam n paps were english stood for what he belived in.

Shame as he was a good man i am led to belive unlike may father who i have never met and has since died.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Where's your name from? - 11th Jan 2008 11:07pm
my name came from my mum, nothting exciting.

My middle name is my grandfathers name
Posted By: chiccy Re: Where's your name from? - 11th Jan 2008 11:12pm
my middle name is after my nans mum ELIZABETH...

my mum no longer here to ask her much else frown
Posted By: jonah Re: Where's your name from? - 11th Jan 2008 11:12pm
Not a clue tbh, dont know of any other stephens or davids (my midddle name) in the family
Posted By: Brummy_Ben Re: Where's your name from? - 12th Jan 2008 1:43am
i was named after my nans dog "ben the dog" somad
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Where's your name from? - 12th Jan 2008 1:49am
i heard the name justin came from men with little willies smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Where's your name from? - 12th Jan 2008 9:31am
Originally Posted by sanchez
i heard the name justin came from men with little willies smile
raftl comedy genius !
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Where's your name from? - 12th Jan 2008 8:48pm
My dad was going to name be Bruce(first) Lee(second) after the martial arts legend.. My dad is so obssesed with Bruce Lee so he wanted to call me a legend... But my mum didnt like the name Bruce and to be honest i dont like it either.. Then had another argument over another name they where going to call me (liam) but then they both called a truce and called me Lee(first after bruces second name) David(after my grandad and my dad) smile My full name is Lee David Mills smile Better than Bruce Lee Mills imho.. So thats how i got my name Lee smile (breaths in phew) tease
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Where's your name from? - 12th Jan 2008 11:07pm
My mum nd dad went over the top with my older bro..naming him Jason after Jason and the Argonauts.....

so they decided they wanted something more normal...but not that popular like john etc....so craig it was....

Middle name (kenneth) not that popular now..but called so after my Granddad...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Where's your name from? - 13th Jan 2008 10:35pm
Dunno about mine tbh... Just randomly chosen lol.

Ill ask me mum sometime!
Posted By: LukeORourke Re: Where's your name from? - 18th Jan 2008 3:20am
my name which is Luke is from " Star Wars" Luke Skywalker but my mum wanted Luc e.g Jean Luc Picard so in 2yrs i am changing my to Luc
Posted By: SpottyDog Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Jun 2008 9:46pm
mines from the infamous greek titaness 'rhea'

but also a large bird too lol
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Jun 2008 10:10pm
Andrew David Martin is me full name

was meant to be born on st andrews day but was a week late... david i think was a great uncle or something i never met

notice how all my names are linked to saints? yet i'm anything but! haha

when i was born on the 7th December my mum n dad decided they wanted to call me david but didnt want my initials to spell out DAM so they kept the name as planned just decided to call me by my middle name instead - it's a pain in the arse tho cos everyone in work calls me andy, everyone else calls me davey - urgh!
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Jun 2008 10:16pm
my first name "renault" comes from my car and "longmong" comes from the evil b@stards at work!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Jun 2008 10:57pm
Originally Posted by renault_longmong
my first name "renault" comes from my car and "longmong" comes from the evil b@stards at work!

Where does the _ come from lmao!
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Jun 2008 11:04pm
Sean Kevin Kenyon

Sean, I don;t know why they must have just liked that name lol

Kevin, My dads first name (Wan*er)

Kenyon, My dads 2nd name (Wan*er)

So as you can see i only really like the "Sean" bit of my name raftl
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Jun 2008 11:21pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by renault_longmong

Where does the _ come from lmao!

funny you should ask, my dad saw a line below the footy results and liked it so he decided my middle name would be underscore
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Jun 2008 11:27pm
lmao tease
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Where's your name from? - 6th Jun 2008 11:50am
i was named after a river garry in scotland but my surname is from the viking name coperchque i think that how is spelt
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Where's your name from? - 6th Jun 2008 11:55am
ok

Nicole = Greek (dunno why i was calle dit, my mum wanted Nicola, but because it was popular,my dad come up with Nicole....

Laurette = Have no clue...

Abernethy = Couldnt choose this name, but I know there are biscuits and a forest named after it.....some people say it sounds like a welsh village smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Where's your name from? - 6th Jun 2008 1:18pm
andy - lord of the chillie !
Posted By: Pomp Re: Where's your name from? - 6th Jun 2008 1:39pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez

Also lord of the cactus
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Where's your name from? - 6th Jun 2008 4:17pm
Originally Posted by Pomp
Originally Posted by Sanchez

Also lord of the cactus

Ill go with that, it also ties in with the old indian proverb...

"Woman that go near lord of cactus - get pricked many times"

raftl
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where's your name from? - 6th Jun 2008 4:31pm
Originally Posted by Corsa_Nikki0166
Abernethy = Couldnt choose this name, but I know there are biscuits and a forest named after it.....some people say it sounds like a welsh village smile

haha mad, there's a lil village up here called abernethy tease
Posted By: mike849 Re: Where's your name from? - 6th Jun 2008 5:46pm
my mum just asked the doctor when i was born so i was called michael james after him although i did know a lad in school who's middle name was conan!!!
Posted By: Wench Re: Where's your name from? - 14th Aug 2008 9:54am
My first name is after Jacqueline Kennedy, my middle name is Arianrhod. Arianrhod (from the Welsh arian, "silver", and rhod, "wheel") is the Moon Goddess, Goddess of the muse and daughter of Dôn, the Celtic Goddess. She is the mother of Lleu Llaw Gyffes in the fourth branch of the Mabinogi. She was also the Goddess of reincarnation.

Strange considering my family are all of Irish descent lol.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Where's your name from? - 3rd May 2009 9:01pm
My nan bought a cot set when me mum was pregnant, she didnt notice a 'd' emblazoned in the corner and so my name was to begin with D.
In labour the midwife said 'what u gonna the baby?'
Me mum said 'dylan if its a boy coz me husband said he wants to name it after bob dylan'
The midwife said 'well, lets hope its a girl then'!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Where's your name from? - 3rd May 2009 9:06pm
Rude- dawn, btw
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Sep 2009 11:36am
Kenneth - after my old man
Albert - after my grandad.
When my missus was having a baby in W. Berlin I had a girl's name lined up but couldn't think of one for a boy so I asked a German mate of mine, Uwe, to think of a German name which would sound good in English and German to commemorate the fact that that is where the nipper was born. I told him I didn't want a daft one like "Wolf". About 3 weeks later up come Uwe,"Got a name for you Scouse, call him Jerry." It turned out to be a girl and her name is Lorraine.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Where's your name from? - 5th Sep 2009 1:03pm
The young Indian boy had spent most of his life in a quandry... He felt different yet... couldn't figure why... he was just so depressed. He went to the Chief for answers... He asked the chief how his brother Red Deer Running had gotten his name...

The chief answered in his typically poetic way..."When Red Deer Running was born, at the moment of his birth, the first thing his mother saw was a beautiful deer running off into the forest... and so Running Deer was named. It is the custom of our tribe to name the offspring according to the spirits in nature visiting upon the birth."

Then, the boy said to the Chief... And how did my sister "Thundering Bird" get her name? The chief described again, how at the moment of her birth Thundering Bird's mother had heard a roar of thunder and looking up, saw a bird flying in the sky...

The boy asked again, how his cousin "White Crouching Bear" had been given such a name... And the chief, looking down once more at the boy, explaining the traditions of their tribe.... White Bear's mother had seen a rare white bear crouched over a stream at the moment her baby's birth. Then he asked the boy...

"Why do you ask, Two Dogs fooking?"
© Wirral-Wikiwirral