Forums
Posted By: Mark Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 31st Mar 2007 1:45pm
As we become Recycling mad, and the introduction
of new wheely bins, silver and brown.

Are you doing anything more than just choosing the right bin?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 3rd Apr 2007 2:58pm
Im not doing anything at all haha! I don't have to put up with all this colour bin crap!

tease
Posted By: Mark Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 3rd Apr 2007 3:53pm
Matty lives in a High Rise Hence no Coloured Bins frown

From Easter this weekend i can start to use my "Brown Bin"
For garden waste.

I have no idea when they will pick it up?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 3rd Apr 2007 3:54pm
The next tonight with Trevor Macdonald has an interesting report on refuse collections... they may never collect it if your unlucky!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 3rd Apr 2007 5:45pm
Why has everyone but me got these new brown and silver bins??
And why the have most of Tranmere have can recycling boxes and the rest of the Wirral don't?

What the hell do these silver bins do??

If I had any of them, I'd use them.

Until then, I can just about recyle old newspapers, but most get used when painting or spraying adhesives and just go in the bin anyway.

Packaging is the worst - Massive boxes and loads of plastic for a farty bit of food or a small product!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 3rd Apr 2007 5:49pm
Come to think of it, I am doing my bit actually... I mainly buy Tesco Value products, which don't have much in the way of packaging or checmicals used on the packaging, and according to some program I watched last week (shopping the supermarkets) its far more enviromentally friendlier for recycling then branded products that are heavily packaged as Joes says.

But thats as far as am going. Otherwise I am not particuarly bothered.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 3rd Apr 2007 5:57pm
I don't bother much with recycling plastic, glass and other stuff. I mean, I'm not one of those people who take a trip down to the recycling bank every weekend.

Although, I happened to recently notice that there is a Bottle bank (or there was) in Claughton Village Opposite the Co-op just accross the road from where I live.

It's taken me about 9 years to notice though smack

I still won't bother with it haha
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 3rd Apr 2007 6:07pm
If they paid me to recycle I would consider it. I remember they used to give ya 20p for returning Ben Shaws drinks bottles (i think it was Ben Shaws, it was summit like that anyway).
Posted By: spinking Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 11th Apr 2007 10:44pm
I have the grey bin and Donna is mad for useing it raftl
Posted By: spinking Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 11th Apr 2007 10:45pm
2 pick ups a month

2 for waste and to for Recycling

dont know what tuesday they are though.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 14th Apr 2007 11:46pm
Thanks to this topic From the minutes of the last local democracy meeting for Bidston and Claughton, I've found out when we should get our new grey recycling bins

Originally Posted by Wirral.gov.uk

Q - Councillor Harry Smith asked for clarity on whether grey bins would be delivered May/June to Bidston/Claughton.
A – yes, all of Bidston/St James area.

Click

Can anyone tell me what the grey bins are actually for and what you can put in them and what you can't??
Posted By: Pomp Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 15th Apr 2007 3:56am
We got ours some time back in the Bebington Area but i havn't checked wot thay are for lol. Jst bin searchin for a couple of sites an its prob most likely to be can's, bottles, tins, cards and glass. Basically recyclable items, i think that means u will need another seperate bin in the house. One for the usual crap and the ova for the recyclable items.
Posted By: jonah Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 15th Apr 2007 7:18am
we got ours a few weeks back and it had leaflets on in about wot to put in it
Posted By: Mark Re: Recycling : Are you doing your share? - 15th Apr 2007 10:07am
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
Thanks to this topic From the minutes of the last local democracy meeting for Bidston and Claughton, I've found out when we should get our new grey recycling bins

Originally Posted by Wirral.gov.uk

Q - Councillor Harry Smith asked for clarity on whether grey bins would be delivered May/June to Bidston/Claughton.
A – yes, all of Bidston/St James area.

Click

Can anyone tell me what the grey bins are actually for and what you can put in them and what you can't??

Grey Bin FAQ Click Me
© Wirral-Wikiwirral