Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 30th Nov 2006 10:57pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Smoking in enclosed public places will be banned in England from 1 July next year, the government has announced.

The ban covers virtually all enclosed public places including offices, factories, pubs and bars, but not outdoors or in private homes.

About time I say...

BBC News Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 30th Nov 2006 11:18pm
Added it too my reminders to buy a Pipe lol
EXELLENT CARNT WAIT

Hate smoking carnt get Donna to stop maybe this will help her as she carnt sit in the pub n smoke.
Posted By: scoop Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 1st Dec 2006 3:38pm
Scotland has been a better place since smoking has been banned up here. I hate it and i really do think they shud tax the living shit out of it, and i mean increase the price on a pack of 20 to OVER £10, then maybe they cud look at lowering fuel duty by a couple of percent
ye i agree with this ban. its not fair that we have to breath the smoke in. ok smokers would say move out the way then. but why should we. if u wanna kill ya self, you pi** off smile am made up the ban had finally cum
Im a smoker and i couldnt agree more. I mean, even i hate sitting there having a drink or something to eat and someone is blowing smoke near me, its disgusting.

But i dont agree with people saying 'You want to kill your self then p*ss off', bit harsh. The ban is a good idea though, might even help me to quit lol smile
Please note, that many pubs have two bar area's, and they will be allowed to allocate one of the area's for non smoking and the other will be a smoking allowed area.

This is a good thing as the people who want to smoke will be able to continue whereas us people that don't appreciate having to breathe in other peoples smoke, dont have to.

I have a feeling many pubs will begin to think about re-designing thier bar area's/extending the building to allow a smoking area... so your plans may be scuppered Tupac lmao!

grin
Posted By: Pomp Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 1st Dec 2006 5:03pm
lol well at least it stops us from breathing in the stuff which improves it but it depends realli on the owners if they realli want to spend some money on improving so that both non smokers and smokers are allowed in.

You never know tho they mite have a trial to see if this ban realli works and that they dont have any loss of revenue.

Posted By: Mark Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 1st Dec 2006 5:35pm
In finaland they have had this for ages,

they have smoking tables only
and that a few around the bar area only.

BUT your not allowed to stand at the bar and Smoke.

I'm glad as it will help us quit,
i think eveyone who smokes deep down would love to kick the habbit.
We've been arguing this all day in work.

All the non-smokers can't wait for this to come into force, however, the smokers aren't so keen.

All smoking will be has already been banned in the workshop, but still a few of the lads don't care.

The problem is though, where to draw the line at public places. Sure this includes public transport, but what about the work vans? All the non-smokers have decided that it's okay for smokers to smoke as long as the non-smokers agree, or they are driving by themselves, otherwise strictly no smoking, but I doubt it'll be kept up.

So, personally, I can't wait for the law to come into effect, the sooner, the better smile
Thats not really a smoking ban then is it webby? This ban will mean that people are not allowed to smoke anywhere at all, except in pubs that have two "seperated" (and I stress this means an entirely seperate bar and room, not just a small partition) rooms where they can have one designated for non smokied and another where smoking is allowed.

wink
i work in a nursing home and they have a smoking staff room and a non smoking staff room. i dont agree with this at all.

Even thro smokers are smoking in one place, doesnt mean the smoke will stop at that certain point. it travels !!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 2nd Dec 2006 10:03pm
Originally Posted by scoop2004
they shud tax the living shit out of it

They do already, it's called a commodity tax, and they do the same to alcohol and confectionery.
I love smoking, it was banned in work at the start of the year, but everyone still does it, because no one cares about the ban (smoker or non-smoker). It annoys me that people find the energy to complain about an insignificant bit of cigarette smoke, yet flush their excrement into the sea everyday.
Posted By: Pomp Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 2nd Dec 2006 10:43pm
Excrements maybe flushed but it doesnt harm us, whereas smoking does. An there are organisations who clean up the mess and filter the waters so that it becomes re-useable again.

[Linked Image]

The Diagram shows that the things we flush dnt go straight to the sea but to the sewage treatments so they do clean it before letting it out to the sea.
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 2nd Dec 2006 10:45pm
... What? Pompy, what you on dude? Lol
Posted By: scoop Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 2nd Dec 2006 11:17pm
Originally Posted by StationMiek
they shud tax the living shit out of it

They do already, it's called a commodity tax, and they do the same to alcohol and confectionery.
I love smoking, it was banned in work at the start of the year, but everyone still does it, because no one cares about the ban (smoker or non-smoker). It annoys me that people find the energy to complain about an insignificant bit of cigarette smoke, yet flush their excrement into the sea everyday.

i know that but its not enough IMO, if people wanna give themselves cancer i think the shud pay double for the privaledge,then more nesecary things such as getting from A-B could be made cheaper, however im told that to offset a 1p drop in petrol tax u'd have to increase fag tax by shedloads,so to see a noticable drop in petrol fags wud have to go for well over double what they go for now. Wonder if we can get those exact figures. Miek,i take it ur a smoker?
Posted By: Pomp Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 2nd Dec 2006 11:26pm
Originally Posted by Izzy
... What? Pompy, what you on dude? Lol

raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 3rd Dec 2006 12:37am
i know that but its not enough IMO, if people wanna give themselves cancer i think the shud pay double for the privaledge,then more nesecary things such as getting from A-B could be made cheaper, however im told that to offset a 1p drop in petrol tax u'd have to increase fag tax by shedloads,so to see a noticable drop in petrol fags wud have to go for well over double what they go for now. Wonder if we can get those exact figures. Miek,i take it ur a smoker?

People don't smoke to give themselves cancer, well, I don't anyway. Nor did my grandad who died 90 years old of natural causes. And if you think Herr Brown and Blair are going to be so gracious in mixing the figures up to benefit joe public? When one tax rises, another tax usually follows, as has been dictated since taxes where introduced. The things to do go up as well are Civil Servant's wages, which includes MPs.
I don't want a massive drop in petrol as it contributes to air pollution which causes more cancer than the big scary 'passive smoking' from cigarettes. I think people use their cars too much. Obesity caused by lack of exercise is a big drain on the NHS. I can ride a bike A-B and I've not polluted the atmosphere, got a bit of exercise, and all the anti-smoking hypocrites won't be able to catch me while I'm smoking a ciggie in every orifice. laugh tease
Posted By: Mark Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 17th Apr 2007 1:36pm
Not long to go now omg

Strange why its being introduced in the summer months
where most people would be outside in the beer gardens
anyway. As oppose to the winter and dark nights.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 17th Apr 2007 1:55pm
Maybe its to help people come to terms with the ban before they start having to go back inside thier local again due to the bad weather lol.

smile
i realise that smoking is disgusting when there's food around, but my main concern is when im playing gigs really, and touring
Posted By: Mark Re: Smoking Ban To Come Into Force 1st July 2007 - 31st May 2007 11:10pm
The count down begins lest than 30 days now.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral