Forums
Posted By: Chorizo Indian and similar takeaways - 26th Apr 2014 4:45pm
Hello I'm looking at getting an takeaway tonight and fancy trying somewhere new. I like Risa spice in New ferry, Indiyah in Bebington and Wirral Tandoori in Bromborough can anyone think of any that could be better? I'll try anything Indian or similar types of food
Thanks
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Indian and similar takeaways - 26th Apr 2014 4:47pm
wallasey village nnext to blockbuster

we always get ours from there, great blokes and great food.
Posted By: Mark Re: Indian and similar takeaways - 26th Apr 2014 6:47pm
Give this a go Click me
Posted By: ianyam Re: Indian and similar takeaways - 26th Apr 2014 7:15pm
Tandoori Mahal on King St, Wallasey, best Indian around.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Indian and similar takeaways - 26th Apr 2014 8:53pm
Wirral Tandoori gets my vote (and got my order) smile
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Indian and similar takeaways - 26th Apr 2014 10:00pm
(offtopic)
Many years ago I had the pleasure of collecting payments from a takeaway in Liscard. I used to go around the back as the place only opened up in the evening. The stench from the overflowing bins was disgusting. Once in the kitchen they used to find someone who could speak English and then they would go upstairs to check with the boss, come back down and get out the cheque book. I then had to fill in the cheque myself, we would then go upstairs to where the bedroom had about 16 people laying on various bedding. The manager would then sign the cheque, confirming with the English speaking gent, the amount, etc.
I left the best till last, while waiting downstairs there was a big sink with about a foot of disgusting water for the dishes, it would have floating food in it. It looked more like a broth than dish water. To top it all was a little old Indian guy, he may have been the chef or/and dish washer man. He would be "Grozzling"/ "Spitting" into the sink about every minute or so.
The owner would often invite me for a free meal, I was always to busy to take up the offer and never have or will visit an Indian restaurant in my life. None of my friends or relatives have been either.

Please stay on Topic wink
Posted By: Dilly Re: Indian and similar takeaways - 27th Apr 2014 8:40am
Originally Posted by ianyam

With you on that one Ian, had many a chicken korma there and their shami kebabs are delicious .
Posted By: ianyam Re: Indian and similar takeaways - 27th Apr 2014 7:56pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Originally Posted by ianyam

With you on that one Ian, had many a chicken korma there and their shami kebabs are delicious .

Yes Dilly, the chicken tandoori main meal is to die for.
Posted By: karenjon Re: Indian and similar takeaways - 28th Apr 2014 8:50am
dhaka woodchurch road takes some beating really worth a try
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Indian and similar takeaways - 28th Apr 2014 12:16pm
always had good scran at 'chutneys' in liscard
© Wirral-Wikiwirral