Forums
Posted By: LarryLaffer French Toast - 25th Nov 2011 11:59pm
This is a French toast recipe with eggs and bread.

Ingredients:
•4 eggs
•1 teaspoon sugar, optional
•dash salt
•1 cup milk
•10 to 12 slices white bread
•butter
•maple syrup or other syrup

Preparation:

Break eggs into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate; beat lightly with a fork. Stir in sugar, salt, and milk.
Over medium-low heat, heat griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of butter or margarine.

Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to coat the other side. Soak/coat only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time.

Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side. Serve French toast hot with butter and syrup.
Recipe for French toast serves 4.

This French toast recipe cuts back on fat by using only 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites.
Ingredients:
•1 egg
•2 egg whites
•1/4 cup milk
•1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•dash nutmeg
•8 slices French bread, sliced on diagonal

Preparation:

In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and egg white until foamy. Whisk in milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Have warming drawer heated or heat oven to 200°.
Heat butter in heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Dip 4 slices of bread in the egg mixture, turning to coat thoroughly. Let excess drip back into bowl.

Place coated bread slices in hot skillet. Cook, turning, until both sides are nicely browned, about 2 minutes each side.

Transfer to a warm plate and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining bread and egg mixture. To serve, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired. Serve with maple syrup.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: French Toast - 26th Nov 2011 12:05am
posh eggy bread
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: French Toast - 26th Nov 2011 12:09am
sounds amazing tho dosnt it, im gonna have a dabble. i had the proper stuff in canada nearly every morning i was there, was fantastic
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: French Toast - 26th Nov 2011 12:16am
vanilla 1 sounds nice
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: French Toast - 26th Nov 2011 12:19am
notice how the americans remove an egg yoke instead of butter to reduce the fat haha
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: French Toast - 28th Nov 2011 4:47pm
i prefer to use olive oil instead of butter when making my french toast, i find that is much more healthier and also has a nicer taste to it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral