Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Tinned Salmon - 4th Feb 2011 8:36pm
Anybody got any ideas for recipes, please? Something quick and easy but 'above' salmon and cucumber butties. grin
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Tinned Salmon - 4th Feb 2011 8:38pm
Mix with Philli and toss in pasta
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Tinned Salmon - 4th Feb 2011 9:46pm
More or less as Bezzy says. Standard Saturday dinner for me.

Sir fry thin carrot strips, thin slices of celery, fairly chunky slices of peppers, broccoli (if you really must - not my fave) until soft but not overdone.

Meanwhile boil pasta twirls in water with a bit of oil/ salt (minimum)

Open the salmon and break it into largish lumps

At this point I warm up a 315g jar of El Tequito salsa dip in the microwave (Lidl about 65p - best ever stanby in the kitchen). Use "medium" or "Hot" as you like it

Now drain the pasta in a sieve and plonk it into the stir fried veges in the wok. Mix together. Add the salmon pieces and then the salsa sauce. Reheat a bit then serve with a light to medium dusting of cheese. Parmesan if you are posh or cheddar if it is me. Naan bread or the like to accompany

Suppose Philli could be mixed in with the salsa - must try that

Snod
Posted By: ponytail Re: Tinned Salmon - 5th Feb 2011 8:25am
Salmon makes wonderful fishcakes - add tarragon for seasoning.
Mix with cheese sauce and pour over broccoli.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Tinned Salmon - 5th Feb 2011 10:48am
Originally Posted by Snodvan
More or less as Bezzy says. Standard Saturday dinner for me.

Sir fry thin carrot strips, thin slices of celery, fairly chunky slices of peppers, broccoli (if you really must - not my fave) until soft but not overdone.

Meanwhile boil pasta twirls in water with a bit of oil/ salt (minimum)

Open the salmon and break it into largish lumps

At this point I warm up a 315g jar of El Tequito salsa dip in the microwave (Lidl about 65p - best ever stanby in the kitchen). Use "medium" or "Hot" as you like it

Now drain the pasta in a sieve and plonk it into the stir fried veges in the wok. Mix together. Add the salmon pieces and then the salsa sauce. Reheat a bit then serve with a light to medium dusting of cheese. Parmesan if you are posh or cheddar if it is me. Naan bread or the like to accompany

Suppose Philli could be mixed in with the salsa - must try that

Snod

Ha - forgot the onions (spring and ordinary) in the stir fry bit
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Tinned Salmon - 5th Feb 2011 11:00am
Flippin' eck Snod I thought Rude wanted it 'quick and simple'?

How many books have you written?
Well done to you with your easy to follow method.
The Philli thing can be added to as you wish and can be hot or cold.X
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Tinned Salmon - 5th Feb 2011 11:08am
Bezzy

I just love cooking. The Mrs is of course very grateful for that, given she works 3 days but I am retired. The aim is always to have HER dinner ready on the table when she gets home.

Snod
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Tinned Salmon - 5th Feb 2011 11:42am
What a man!!!!!X
© Wirral-Wikiwirral