Forums
Friday chippy tea is the law! im havin a sausage dinner from chinese mikes on wallasey rd! bananalama bananalama
Micheals in Moerton?
simons hoylake rd!
two dragons mill lane wallasey, Delicious food and friendly service smile
Bonnies borough rd. A pound for delivery service too. No min order.
blue star on sherlock lane or a lovely pizza has defo got to be popeyes 2 near borough rd
Who remembers Burroughs (sp?) on Wallasey Rd?
Best fish & chips (& peas!) in the history of fish and chips!
Second Popeyes wink love the 'special'.
Wots the special?
Pepperoni, ham, chicken, spicy meat, mushroom, sweetcorn, onion, peppers. Price from 5.50 for a 9 inch grin
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Pepperoni, ham, chicken, spicy meat, mushroom, sweetcorn, onion, peppers. Price from 5.50 for a 9 inch grin

some people would pay more than that for a 9inc wink
yummies in birkenhead for a kebab,just had one ten minutes ago
Worst takeaway. burger van outside rjs mid 90s my m8s got a job in it. bloke counted the burgers n baps lol and they were cheapo,s from netto.
For those that are old enough, the best Chippie had to be Peters opposite the Continental!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surrounding area? - 21st Aug 2010 10:20am
chippy on seavew road best fish an chips around,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surrounding area? - 21st Aug 2010 10:28am
Gonna big it up for the chippy on Mount Pleasant Road. Best in Wallasey.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surrounding area? - 21st Aug 2010 10:35am
Originally Posted by CVCVCV

It was N. Burrows at 120 Wallasey Road (as described in 1967)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surrounding area? - 21st Aug 2010 10:37am
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Worst takeaway. burger van outside rjs mid 90s my m8s got a job in it. bloke counted the burgers n baps lol and they were cheapo,s from netto.

I remember that van outside RJ's. You had to put on plenty of sauce to get rid of the taste of the burger !!
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Gonna big it up for the chippy on Mount Pleasant Road. Best in Wallasey.
Chinese mikes other chippy

Attached picture 4370823396_ae426d717f_m.jpg
Brill thanks Paul. All the family really loved their fish (best batter anywhere!) & chips, we used to go there often, esp. when we lived in Burford Avenue! Missed them like heck when they retired...!
Grove rd chippy before it changed owners.
Gone all techno now www.bonnieschippy.co.uk ! Dont be fooled by the pic of van/logo etc. As far as i know its just one delivery driver-oneighbour in a black 4 x 4? They doing 3 meals for a tenner deal atm, on sundays.
I like to see what im getting. online chippys lol

were was that on Wallasey Rd, name rings
a bell?
Originally Posted by paulph25

were was that on Wallasey Rd, name rings
a bell?

corner of Belvidere rd. by the lights I think!
Where chinese mikes is???
Originally Posted by PaulWirral

I remember that van outside RJ's. You had to put on plenty of sauce to get rid of the taste of the burger !!
Burger in rjs was the better option! coasters did the best chips!
When I lived in Wallasey. Friday night was River Queen chippy in Wallasey Village. Always gave a bucket load of chips.
Van outside RJ's was rank. Even when drunk! Food inside was better.
That the 1 next to co.op?
Did the Co-op used to be kwikky? If so then yes smile
I had a bag of chips from the Rowsen Supper Bar on Rowsen Street the other night & they were very good & not at all greasy.
We use that chippy too and there chips really are good!
Meant their!!!!!
mmm fish and chips!! seeyu

Attached picture 9540487_aca525abf2_o.jpg
Attached picture 17001123_42e1ee3fbf_o.jpg
Pie and chips 2nite lol
Years ago , Marios , on Liscard Road was my favourite, but know it's Allans , on Lloyds Corner.....
Gone all techno now www.bonnieschippy.co.uk ! Dont be fooled by the pic of van/logo etc. As far as i know its just one delivery driver-oneighbour in a black 4 x 4? They doing 3 meals for a tenner deal atm, on sundays.
Well.....they dont appear to be open til 2230, on a Sunday, anymore?? Gemcam had to go to the red chippy opp the ten o clock shop on poulton rd. Crap chips tbh...i feel like crying
Limp, soulless chips frown
I had fish & chips from that one down at Parkgate a couple of weeks ago - I heard really good things and tbh they were bloody lovely
Have to say my fave at the moment is Delicious in Wallasey Village, been there a few times now and it's always good, fish aren't the biggest but the batter is lovely and light, always cooked fresh too.
Chips aren't too shabby either smile
My favourite chippy is the one on Albion Street, New Brighton. The food is very tasty
Weres delicious?
Weres delicious?

Near enough oppposite the Lighthouse pub on Wallasey Village road.
Chippys need to sell chip spice its the nuts. www.chipspice.co.uk
Chippys need to sell chip spice its the nuts. www.chipspice.co.uk

Chip spice eh, never seen that before.
its a east yorkshire thing!! there chips are sh*te and need the spice lol!!
They also have this strange thing called a pattie in east yorkshire,its more fried potato with ya chips lol www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/pattie
The best chippy in wirral,has got to be PISCES in Milner Road Heswall,the battered fried fish is a little on the expensive side,but it is delicious,and next to none.
bring back the days when you got your fish and chips wrapped in newspaper so while eating you were reading lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surrounding area? - 17th Mar 2011 4:04pm
Best chippy is one of the Tsang's, either at the junction of Belvedere/Wallasey Road or the one on Mount Pleasant.

Best kebab place is Paradise also on Wallasey Road, best kebabs and garlic bread I've ever had.

Best for pizza has to be Captain Tony - but you pay a lot more.

Our local is Jimmy's (Eastern Delight) on Poulton Road, amazin onion rings!!
Is Dacre Hill near Wallasey?
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

I had fish & chips from that one down at Parkgate a couple of weeks ago - I heard really good things and tbh they were bloody lovely

Is Parkgate near Wallasey? Dacre hill is a lot closer!
I suppose it is if your travelling from outer space!
Originally Posted by Alex85
Best chippy is one of the Tsang's, either at the junction of Belvedere/Wallasey Road or the one on Mount Pleasant.

Best kebab place is Paradise also on Wallasey Road, best kebabs and garlic bread I've ever had.

Best for pizza has to be Captain Tony - but you pay a lot more.

yeah tsangs aka Chinese mikes is good they do a nice sausage dinner
Lol. Andy-why you so pedantic?
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

it was a genuine question so get back in your Box .

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surround - 26th Apr 2011 10:40pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

it was a genuine question so get back in your Box .

I'd rather travel to Parkgate and come back with cold fish and chips than risk it round Dacre Hill aka Beirut. It's not worth coming out with the biggest portion of fish and chips if you can't get it home because someone has left your car on bricks.
And mine was a genuine answer.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surround - 26th Apr 2011 10:57pm
I, naughty-i toggled! I found the toggle hilarious and irrelevant.
Naughty,naughty!lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surround - 27th Apr 2011 6:58am
Resist it, it'll get you into trouble. Not worth it.
no
I had fantastic chips in West Bay on Monday.
That's 260 miles from Wallasey for those with the need to measure.
Do they deliver Softy?
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Do they deliver Softy?

Probably but then they'll taste like they came from Wallasey - raftl
xx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surround - 27th Apr 2011 12:46pm
Regardles of distance, Man Wah on dacre hill is bloody lovely. I'm an advocate of the BBQ Ribs they're the dogs naughty bits.... Absolutely gorgeous!
I would love an English fish and chips not the same as Chinese, English know how to do it properly just does't seem to be able to find one. Any suggestions would be nice? Also I'm a southerner at heart and would love a saveloy a gorgeous red slightly spiced sausage can't buy them up here though
Originally Posted by FayePlayer
I would love an English fish and chips not the same as Chinese, English know how to do it properly just does't seem to be able to find one. Any suggestions would be nice? Also I'm a southerner at heart and would love a saveloy a gorgeous red slightly spiced sausage can't buy them up here though

I've yet to find anywhere up here that does a saveloy like they do down south frown It's getting to the point where I'm considering going back down to Cambridge just to get one raftl
I love savaloys.
I would love to find a good English chippie in wallasey...Mrs Mac's in Oakdale road was the best wallasey chippie (1960/70's)

I know chinese chippies do a great trade but usually their chips are "warm ups" which are a bit musty (soon as you ask for chips the basket of already cooked chips goes back in the fat..yuk)

So I've got high hopes for the 2 new chippies that are opening soon by the Royal Oak in liscard.....
Never noticed the Surrounding area bit...If you extend this beyond wallasey then my favourites are

1. village Fryer in Upton...never "warm ups" there
2. Blue Sea Moreton ...excellent chippie.
Originally Posted by torryman
I would love to find a good English chippie in wallasey...Mrs Mac's in Oakdale road was the best wallasey chippie (1960/70's)

I know chinese chippies do a great trade but usually their chips are "warm ups" which are a bit musty (soon as you ask for chips the basket of already cooked chips goes back in the fat..yuk)

So I've got high hopes for the 2 new chippies that are opening soon by the Royal Oak in liscard.....
2 chippys? there's liscard Chippy if it's still open
Pizza nite sells wicked chips as well!
where is that TR

i remember a chippy by my mums in wallasey, its by the Primrose pub, Marios i think it was called, fish and chips, the dogs you know what thumbsup
Liscard Chippie shut down months ago ....no the ex Moonway's greengrocer shop and an empty shop next to the new Tesco express (ex fads) are currently being fitted out to be eat in or takeaway chippies,,,No change for donkeys years then 2 shops about 50ft apart are to become takeaway chippies ...yeeeees!!!
Originally Posted by beer_money
2 chippys? there's liscard Chippy if it's still open

I think Liscard Chippy closed a few years ago. There's a chippy opening up where the bingo used to be. Seems to be taking ages though.
There's a sign saying chippy opening soon above the old fruit and veg shop between Tesco and the Oak. But nothing seems to be happening there and there's a For Sale sign above it. Is this going to be a chip shop too?
be a Chippy war then lol
laugh yes lets batter the fish!!
Can we plaice bets on who might win?
laugh
Tne River Queen in Wallasey Village, op the Sheridens
off there shortly for pie chips n gravy
off there shortly for pie chips n gravy
i will have chips and gravy when your there thumbsup
bog off lol
Slightly off topic but it looks like a charity shop will be opening next to the new chip shop place in Liscard. Yay! Just what Liscard needs, a charity shop! We're quite short of them at the moment
aint there 3 of em in liscard.
bog off lol

I beg your pardon laugh
aint there 3 of em in liscard.

I can think of at least 9 in Liscard. Soon to be 10.
name them lol
Oxfam; British Heart Foundation; Clare House; Sue Ryder, Age UK; Vincent de Paul; St. John's Hospice; Roy Castle and Shelter. There's also one that rotates charities near the bottom of Seaview Road. Do I win a prize?
British Heart Foundation
Age Concern
Vincent De Paul
Claire House
Oxfam
St Johns Hospice
Roy Castle cancer one
Sue Ryder

A few more up the road going towards Asda
Charity Shops, Chip Shops and other takeaways, Pound Shops and Bookmakers are all Liscard has to offer these days.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surrounding area? - 7th Oct 2011 10:57pm
Say that again, it was good once!

[/quote]

I'd rather travel to Parkgate and come back with cold fish and chips than risk it round Dacre Hill aka Beirut. It's not worth coming out with the biggest portion of fish and chips if you can't get it home because someone has left your car on bricks. [/quote]

What a load of shite!!!
avoid the chippy down at palace newbo
Palace Newbo??? (what does that mean?)

The new one in liscard is good ...but if you eat "in" its served in tiny rectangular plates..very small portions
Originally Posted by torryman
Palace Newbo??? (what does that mean?)

The new one in liscard is good ...but if you eat "in" its served in tiny rectangular plates..very small portions
the palace on the prom
Any other reviews on The Cod Place?

We went past yesterday and looked in. Two or three families 'dining in'.

Bit bright for me. i would feel like a goldfish, eating there.
man wahs on dacre hill really fast service,lovely food huge portions
no sorry its in bebington,got carried away with all the revies and just had to mention it
Originally Posted by clevercookie57
man wahs on dacre hill really fast service,lovely food huge portions

withthat

Yeh very large portions.
you obviously are too posh for us,and yet you seem to know some rough places was talking about the food not the place,youd better stick to parkgate not all of us have cars, living in beirut,you wouldnt find a space to park its so popular,very insulting
Posted By: Clive Re: Whats the best chippy in wallasey and surround - 20th Nov 2011 2:41pm
New World chippy, Seabank Rd, really nice food.
Get some good chips at Brenda's.
martins lane easy the best chippy gorgy food huge portions and served with a smile
the fish and scallops are nice, chips arent much,
never sat in and eaten tho
Originally Posted by PLUSONE
Any other reviews on The Cod Place?

We went past yesterday and looked in. Two or three families 'dining in'.

Bit bright for me. i would feel like a goldfish, eating there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral