Forums
Hi

I am just wondering if anyone has eaten at Fraiche in Oxton or Puschka in Liverpool and whether they would recommend either? I am aware that they are both relatively expensive but it is for a special occasion. If you have any views please let me know!

Thanks guys!

Next door neighbour's been to Puschka, said its very nice but food was a bit to fancy and you dont get a decent feed.
Thanks for your feedback!
Does anyone have any other recommedations?
wherever you go your going to get ripped off, that's what catering establishments do, that's the name of the game, they buy the cheapest food and make great profits from it, you can't tell what your eating because its doused with garlic or spices, probably both. In my opinion the chefs of today can't cook and everything is done for speed and maximum profit, the lazy sods can't even peel the spuds and they tell you there better for you, put veg in boiling water for a minute and tell you there better for you, and you won't taste the meat because of all the herbs, garlic etc the put on it. For that special occasion you would be better off buying them something nice that will last forever.
Thanks for your viewd Bert, although I am a firm believer that time spent with loved ones is a far better present than a material item x
If I lived there, I would go to Fraiche. Michelin star, menu about £50, so with wine & service, got to be £150 for two. Oh & taxis so you don't have to worry about drinking. By contrast, I usually spend about £40 for two at a Brunning & Price & they do a good range of wines & beers by the glass.
http://www.restaurantfraiche.com/
Mr Chows Parkgate, not an absolute top notch place but very good, food is great, atmosphere is usually very good.

Price is down to you, nothing cheap there but reasonable. I recommend not to do the banquets but choose your own Hors d'œuvre or Starters, then whatever takes your fancy.

Their "deep fried wanton" and "crispy vegetable spring rolls" are great starters.
Interesting to read Bert's view on chef's and the way food is or not cooked. I heard that Bert will not even eat Irish stew because with it been called {IRISH] he regards it as foreign so will not touch it.
Chinese mikes on wallasey rd. Sausage dinner £2.70 and seating on belvidere rd. smile
Originally Posted by Capt_America
Next door neighbour's been to Puschka, said its very nice but food was a bit to fancy and you dont get a decent feed.

Is it not a case of quality V quantity don't you think?
I have been to Fraiche,very nice food but a bit pricey and you will need a butty when you get home.Between you and me try Lino's in hoylake,Wirral's secret gem.
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
I have been to Fraiche,very nice food but a bit pricey and you will need a butty when you get home.Between you and me try Lino's in hoylake,Wirral's secret gem.

Which is the modern way of cause, you eat with your eyes which is part of the rip off, it certainly won't fill your stomach. Places like these are concerned more with what it looks like rather than whether it will fill you.
I can see your point Bert1
© Wirral-Wikiwirral