Forums
Posted By: karenjon good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 5:00pm
anyone know of a decent chippy tranmere area where i can get a fried rice thats not just soaked in soya sauce and looks black yuk had a bad few ones lately
Posted By: AX_125 Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 5:09pm
I used to go to one at the end of Moorland Road on Crofton Road.

They used to make a gorgeous Special Fried Rice.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 7:34pm
Originally Posted by karenjon
anyone know of a decent chippy tranmere area where i can get a fried rice thats not just soaked in soya sauce and looks black yuk had a bad few ones lately

Chippy in Seaview Road , Wallasey, over the road from the wellington pub. well worth the drive, you won`t be dissapointed happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 7:46pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Chippy in Seaview Road , Wallasey, over the road from the wellington pub. well worth the drive, you won`t be dissapointed happy

Very nice Chippy. I did like the one near Malpas Road but currently the one on Mount Pleasant Road is my current fave. They do a nice Pie Dinner!
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 8:03pm
theres only one chippy for fried rice. the golden hoylake on hoylake road north end.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 8:06pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Very nice Chippy. I did like the one near Malpas Road but currently the one on Mount Pleasant Road is my current fave. They do a nice Pie Dinner!

Yep, have to agree, thats the one i used to use, (mount pleasant) they do a great sweet n sour chicken dish happy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 8:09pm
Second vote for the Golden Hoylake here!!

But in the Tranmere area, ive always found that one by Green Lane Station (on the road where Green Lane meets Old Chester Rd) very nice and good value too, forget the name though.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 8:29pm
matt thats the "lee hing" isnt it?
Posted By: Capt_America Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 8:33pm
The Man-Wah on Dacre Hill. Only place I know that does gravy/curry sauce "under and over" your pie dinner/fishcake.
Posted By: karenjon Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 9:30pm
been to the one on green lane well done it good fried rice thank you nice people too
Posted By: jimbob Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 9:33pm
whats happened to the real fish and chip shop where thats all they sold {FISH&CHIPS} bring back the early 50s. Real beer followed by proper fish&chips
Posted By: karenjon Re: good chippy - 1st Feb 2010 9:44pm
would really like a good old fashioned fish and chips shop
the only one we like is down new brighton on the prom always busy
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 9:56am

there is a nice chippy at the top-ish end of woodchurch road. just opposite the royal pub. (just down the road and round the corner from woodchurch road primary school) they make an amazing chicken omlette. but there fried rice is pretty good too. (and a pretty bick portion) really nice people in there too. should try it. not the hppy kitchen down the road. its a red chippy directly opposite the royal pub.
Posted By: SpecialK Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 10:32am
In our neck of the woods (Lincs) if you ask for a sausage dinner, fish dinner etc they look at you strangely & ask "what do you mean me duck?"
We end up getting it in deperate containers to take home. It's just not the same having to dish it up yourself. My wifes family live in Whiston & I alsways look forward to a good old sausage dinner when we visit. We don't get savoury cakes here either.

Boo Hoo
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 10:56am
Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan.
Posted By: SpecialK Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 11:12am
No one does a decent curry around here either.....no one!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 11:15am
Be careful there K......
Posted By: SpecialK Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 11:16am
Oops sorry. The Agra is half decent I suppose.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 11:17am
That's better.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 2:18pm
As soon as you travel out of the North West and into the wilderness of the rest of England it becomes increasingly difficult to find a decent chippy. Ask for a Fish Cake down south and they look at you as though you just sh*tted on their pies. They don't know what it is!

Never ask for chips and curry cos pouring anything over chips is deemed as disgusting. I'll stick to me own Merseyside chippies!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 4:06pm
Never been to Scarborough Paul?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 4:23pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Never been to Scarborough Paul?

I have friends who live Scarborough so have tried their chips. Not bad indeed. Fish is to die for! Very fresh. Its just as soon as you start heading South the chips are not worth eating.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 5:13pm
Down there they keep going on about Rock, it's ok but nothing like a nice piece of haddock.
Posted By: hoseman Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 6:36pm
Gorgeo`s in Claughton Village, best fish n chips this side of chester!!
Didnt the chippy on Parkgate prom win loads of awards years ago for best chippy, the Echo used to do a competition every year and this place used to win!
Posted By: kimpri Re: good chippy - 2nd Feb 2010 7:02pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Down there they keep going on about Rock, it's ok but nothing like a nice piece of haddock.
Rock salmon, (also called Rock eel, Flake, and Huss in the UK) smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral