2 medium onions, finely sliced
10 curry leaves
1 green chilli, halved lengthways and deseeded
4-5 black peppercorns, cracked
1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
6 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cubed
225ml wate
1tsp garam masala
1/2 (half) tsp freshly ground black pepper.

Method:
using a pestle and mortar, pound the garlic and ginger to a paste. heat the oil in a frying-pan over a medium heat. add the onions, curry leaves, chilli and cracked peppercorns. cook for 15 minutes, stirring, until the onions are golden (Don't caramalise them as it affects the taste)
reduce the heat, add the ginger paste. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring now and then. Stir in the corriander seeds, turmeric, a little salt and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the chicken and stir, then add the water and garam masala, mixing well. cover and cook on until the chicken is ready. Stir in the pepper just before serving.

This is a cracker, not a Madras type curry but spicy. add a couple of boiled potato chunks as well just to Brit it up a bit.

thumbsup
Posted By: bert1 Re: Yummee Chicken Recipe - 12th Oct 2009 3:00pm
Leave me out of that one Bandy, I'll just have a chip butty.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Yummee Chicken Recipe - 12th Oct 2009 3:01pm
That's another thread bert.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Yummee Chicken Recipe - 12th Oct 2009 3:04pm
why is this meal simply for 4 midgets? Have the Umpa Lumpas got soul rights on the recipe?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Yummee Chicken Recipe - 12th Oct 2009 3:07pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
why is this meal simply for 4 midgets? Have the Umpa Lumpas got soul rights on the recipe?

It depends on what portion size you like, I didn't find that the four was enough for my appetite, I do eat well.
If you have a go at it though you will find it is a nice one for if you have guests around for a bite to eat and it isn't all that time consuming.

thumbsup
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Yummee Chicken Recipe - 12th Oct 2009 3:14pm
Bit 'A' level cooking for me but sounds nice
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Yummee Chicken Recipe - 12th Oct 2009 3:15pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot

If you have a go at it though you will find it is a nice one for if you have guests around for a bite to eat and it isn't all that time consuming.

thumbsup

I am seeing Ken Dodd at the Floral in Decmeber and will ask his Diddymen to pop round for tea!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Yummee Chicken Recipe - 12th Oct 2009 3:16pm
Watch out for that Dicky Mint, he eats like a pig.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Yummee Chicken Recipe - 12th Oct 2009 4:04pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Watch out for that Dicky Mint, he eats like a pig.
I'm a pig oink snort oink. yumyum like one to ????love fooood any fooood. yumyum
© Wirral-Wikiwirral