Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Launch of the first 'unsinkable' biscuit - 2nd Sep 2009 2:05pm
Dunking biscuits in your tea is to become a less soggy experience, with the launch of the first "unsinkable" biscuit.
[Linked Image]

A chef claims to have created a snack that can be dipped in tea for up to two minutes without breaking, meaning drinkers will no longer have to fish sodden lumps from the bottom of their mugs.
The biscuit owes its strength to a special ingredient, sweet potato, according to Felice Tocchini of the Fusion Brasserie restaurant in Worcester.
He has declined to disclose the recipe but says that slivers of the vegetable are mixed in with layers of oat and flour doughs to help resist the ravages of dunking. Each biscuit is then finished with an egg-based glaze.
While most digestives will begin to crumble after around 10 seconds in a hot drink, Mr Tocchini claims that his Worcester Feast Dunker regularly lasts for 60 seconds and can go for double that time.
"We tried a lot of different mixtures trying to make sure the biscuit wouldn't break up and die in the cup – it's virtually unsinkable," the 44-year-old said.
"I'm very pleased with the result and they taste lovely. I'm keeping the recipe quiet."
He added: "The trouble with ordinary biscuits is that they were never designed to be dunked – a few seconds in hot tea or coffee and they simply disintegrate."
The biscuits, which come in several flavours including ginger and lavender, and cinnamon and ginger, will be unveiled at the Worcester Feast food festival on Friday, although there are currently no plans for them to be sold nationwide.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Launch of the first 'unsinkable' biscuit - 2nd Sep 2009 2:08pm
Nice idea, but I for one dont have the patience to wait 60 seconds for my biscuit to go all soggy....

...the constant risk of it breaking in to your brew just adds to the enjoyment - plus its a nice surprise when you get to the end of your drink if it does break grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Launch of the first 'unsinkable' biscuit - 2nd Sep 2009 5:28pm
Originally Posted by Beaker
Nice idea, but I for one dont have the patience to wait 60 seconds for my biscuit to go all soggy....

withthat

but peter kay will be pleased laugh

[youtube]MJr9ekTf0xc[/youtube]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral