Forums
Posted By: chiccy weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 20th Jan 2008 2:35pm
weres the best place for a sunday roast round here...

trying to convince jonah to take us out 4 1....!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 20th Jan 2008 2:48pm
dunno but the cherry orchard used to do good roasts.
My House, my dads cooks the best roasties.

Cherry Orchard is a carvery now so guessing it should be good in there.
Posted By: chiccy Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 20th Jan 2008 5:03pm
i miss my mums roasties frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 20th Jan 2008 5:27pm
Originally Posted by chiccy
i miss my mums roasties frown

I miss my aunties, my mum always makes the ones you buy now as their quicker, but never ever as good as the proper ones.

She makes them every now n agen, dont know why she dont all the time. Cant beat a proper roastie!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 20th Jan 2008 5:33pm
Maybe a bit late now, but the Railway in Meols does a cracking lunch. 17" plates and you get a whole chicken!!

About £6-7 I think smile
My dads makes really roasties or i just moan and he then makes them the next week.

I could just eat a plate of roasties and gravey.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 20th Jan 2008 5:39pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Maybe a bit late now, but the Railway in Meols does a cracking lunch. 17" plates and you get a whole chicken!!

About £6-7 I think smile

I shall have to try there sometime. Heard decent things about the railway meals from mates, but always seen it as far more of a pub then a place to eat.

Do you dine there often Stuy omg grin
Stuy doesn't cook, the only person i know who can burn a salad
Posted By: MattLFC Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 20th Jan 2008 5:47pm
Originally Posted by Dazzz
Stuy doesn't cook, the only person i know who can burn a salad

raftl raftl
Posted By: MrPhil Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 21st Jan 2008 1:44am
Originally Posted by Dazzz

Cherry Orchard is a carvery now so guessing it should be good in there.

quality food in their took the missus for the first time last monday, tip if you do go tho ask for a selection of meats as you get more happy
Posted By: Waddi Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 21st Jan 2008 1:30pm
The Rake near cheshire oaks is also a Hungry Horse, the same as the railway. 17" plates and pretty cheap.
the River hill Hotel in oxton happy fookin fantastic smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 21st Jan 2008 3:39pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by StuyMac

About £6-7 I think smile

I shall have to try there sometime. Heard decent things about the railway meals from mates, but always seen it as far more of a pub then a place to eat.

Do you dine there often Stuy omg grin

..the other 1/2 works there, so we prolly eat there a couple of times a month smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: weres the best place for a sunday roast....? - 1st Feb 2008 11:26am
The Queens do a carvery, about £12 - best value for money ive ever seen.

Its on the front, to the left of RJ's and Playas, hidden gem it certainly is.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral