Forums
Posted By: MattLFC The Cherry Orchard - 28th Aug 2007 9:49pm
I dont go too often, but whenever I do its always been a really nice meal and a good atmosphere. The pricing is also very reasonable and they do have some special offers on too.

If you are thinking of going, I would recommend leaving it till 8pm or afterwards, particuarly on days when the kids are off, as they have summit like a wacky warehouse, and it can get quite a bit noisy before 8pm with kids running around.

I think they stop taking orders for full meal's at 9pm, but I am not entirely sure about this. I know you can order deserts etc after this time though.

Its opposite Landican cemetery by the way.

http://www.pub-explorer.com/merseyside/pub/cherryorchardarrowepark.htm

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: The Cherry Orchard - 28th Aug 2007 11:31pm
I went there for a Sunday Lunch Years ago.

Gee it was as busy as hell, and they were running out of
stuff on the menu too. A 40 min wait for a table.

BUT BUT

That was about 2 years ago....
What was the menu like for choice?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Cherry Orchard - 28th Aug 2007 11:33pm
Yeah its always busy in the daytimes, it doesnt help that parents can't take their kids out anywhere normal nowadays, they would rather spend all the day in the pub and leave their kids in the wacky warehouse.

Its much quieter of a night time.

The menu is actually quite varied, although its still a pub meal menu, but they have all smartened up their act in recent years.

The size of the meals is good for the money, especially the price of the steaks etc...

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The Cherry Orchard - 29th Aug 2007 12:11am
i went a year ago, not for me.
Posted By: jonah Re: The Cherry Orchard - 29th Aug 2007 10:42am
its prob so busy as there are alot of pubs that dont even allow kids anymore, so the ones that do seem 10 x busier.. the acorn is one and the 3 stags is another that dont allow children anymore...
Posted By: CustomIce Re: The Cherry Orchard - 29th Aug 2007 2:54pm
I like the 3 Stags, but i don't have kids to worry about!
Posted By: fordsteve Re: The Cherry Orchard - 29th Aug 2007 5:09pm
love the cherry orchard me and kerry try and go when we can food is stunning from there and it not that expencive as well
Posted By: Dave_R Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 1:07pm
Wouldn't go there ever again........ not never, ever, shambles, food not cooked properly, manageress standing too damn close trying to get us to buy more... beer ok tho, food dreadful, they should be ashamed.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 1:09pm
I've had 2 experiences of it recently - one with kids one without. Both times it was fine. Food arrived reasonably quickly and they were really kid-friendly.

I guess every time you go in somewhere like that its a gamble - will they have a competent cook, will they have enough staff on the serve etc.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 1:35pm
I went yesterday for my mates son's 2nd birthday. I think the kids partyside of it was ok but in the restaurant it looked to me like there were alot of unhappy customers.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 2:10pm
I go for places where they just do a few covers and you have to book in advance because they are usually brilliant. Came unstuck last weekend though, the one I booked was crap, a bit embarassing when you have guests over, but you don't win them all. You just know not to go there again. Get to as many different ones as possible and you learn where the good ones are and fish for recommends from others who eat out.
Bon appetite!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 2:13pm
Maybe it depends on when you go. Both times I went it was mid-week lunchtime and it was eerily quiet - only about 2 or 3 other tables with diners on.
Posted By: chiccy Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 2:21pm
pmsl the last time i went i walked out halfway thru my meal as the kids were PROPPER playin me up.... so i upped and outed!!! pmsl!
Posted By: Dave_R Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 3:19pm

I wouldn't eat there ever again I must say........ if you do, order a steak, medium, see what turns up......
I think the main problem tho is the management,
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 3:40pm
Never been disappointed in the Clipper.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 7:13pm
nah its the twelth man for me all day. 2 for 1 on the meals all the time an they cook a nice steak.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 8:44pm
Originally Posted by Rickie_Robbo
nah its the twelth man for me
Amen to that sister

Twelth man good for cheap meals but nowhere beats Frankie and Bennys, expensive though
Posted By: SoundLad Re: The Cherry Orchard - 16th Nov 2009 10:42pm
Used to be great this pub.. Its needs a slap in the face and the carvery removed and serving proper pub meals again who cares about the wait at least the food was great in there at one point i would never go again cause i went and there where flys everywhere over the carvery etc.. They need to close it down and reopen it again as a proper resturant carverys are for cheap skate owners who cant be bothered getting or paying a proper chef to do proper meals..
Posted By: sean Re: The Cherry Orchard - 17th Nov 2009 9:53am
me and my missus went on a sunday for a carvery a few weeks back and i think every single asbo and work dodger on the wirral was in there. food was crap and it took ages to get served for a drink.
mr chows in parkgate is excellent for the afternoon special. 8 quid for 3 courses. great food and great service
© Wirral-Wikiwirral